Internet providers suggestions

1,280 Views | 8 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by UmustBKidding
8900aggie
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
We are about to finish our contract for internet service with verizon who is now frontier. I have heard several stories about the lack of customer service. Would anyone care to offer suggestions for who might be the best option for internet? If there is already a link with this information, please let me know. Yes, I am a rookie and am willing to admit it. Thanks in advance for the help
Average Joe
AG
What area do you live in?
Sweet Kitten Feet
S
For as much crap as suddenlink gets I really haven't had any problems in 2-3 years. They go down on rare occasions but usually come right back up. (That's what she said)
8900aggie
AG
Out past Creek Meadows
UmustBKidding
Probably Verizon.
I live exactly past creek meadows and the only options are Verizon and CEO. I have both. Typically at any point in time one of them is working. But with all the digging at Greens Prairie Trail and 2154 had a few days where I had no good internet.
BCSMom
We've been with Verizon for almost 20 years and frontier for 2 months. Their customer service is ridiculous. Dealt with them for over 2 hours about a credit we had that expired and they said too bad so sad. So for what I'll be paying might as well go to cable Internet
OnlyANobody
What BCSMom said. We have had Verizon here for 13 years. There have been some random issues. Mostly reliable but with some speed issues. (gamers in the house) We added Suddenlink, which although popularly nicknamed "SuddenDeath", we've suffered only a few slow downs and no real outages.

The gamer herd uses Verizon and we adults, who work from home use the Suddenlink. For the longest time, the herd of gamers was completely unaware of Suddenlink.

Then, along came Frontier. We hit 24 hours of no service last night.When I had a "chat" conversation with them yesterday, they told me they had no ETA on the entire B/CS outage. Last night, when our businesses that are dependent on internet to process credit card transactions were STILL down, I took to their FB page to complain. They kept responding with "oh, hey hey... we're feeling your pain. Please PM me" - Sara or Brittany or some other name. When I PM'ed, there would be no reply..... Until I screen shot it and posted it to my thread on their page. Then they would message me. They wanted all this information to "investigate" how they can help me. I was not looking for an account credit. I'm still not. I just wanted my businesses to be able to process credit card transactions.

TL;DR version - Avoid Frontier, formerly known as Verizon.
NellCote71
quote:
We've been with Verizon for almost 20 years and frontier for 2 months. Their customer service is ridiculous. Dealt with them for over 2 hours about a credit we had that expired and they said too bad so sad. So for what I'll be paying might as well go to cable Internet
Agree about Frontier. Verizon was never great but Frontier is sometimes like being on dial-up again. I may have to reconsider Sudden Link.
kyledr04
AG
If you have Verizon, you may be able to get Wirestar. They're awesome. Fast, stable, and cheap.
UmustBKidding
Would be wonderful except if near or beyond creek meadows they are served out of the wellborn rsu and no Colo space in remotes so no wires tar
Now if frontier would.fix that.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.