replacement windows

3,150 Views | 15 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by Mom Class of '03,'05 and '09
The Original AG 76
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I know this has been asked before but I don't have the search function so....

Next step on remodel is to replace all of the windows in the place.
Best bet for B/CS ??
BlueMiles
AG
Enercon

Edited to say I'll get back after I get some more info.

Second edit: Dana has left Enercon and started his own company, GENREV in Hearne. His yahoo email address is dcaskips (semi spamproofed here). I don't want to post his cell number but if you would like to contact him for an estimate, please either PM me, mail me at the address in my profile, or post an email address and I'll send it to you.

When he was at Enercon, he came out and measured all my windows and supervised the replacement installation, including some custom shaped ones. I will be using him again for more windows.

For those who haven't used Enercon (now a different business but I'm sure this still applies to both Enercon and GENREV), you can replace one window at a time, or a houseful.

I haven't used Enercon since my initial windows replacement binge, so I have nothing negative to say about them.
halibut sinclair
Acme Glass - locally owned since 1946.
meezermom
We used Window World out of Waco last summer and they did all 24 windows. They did a good job, though I would advise you somehow cover the bottom part of your window frames, because a few of ours got some good gashes in them.
taxpreparer
AG
Enercon. They will give you a firm price and you can replace any or all of the windows. We got a bid on our house and ended up replacing just the front windows. Now, a few years later, we are about to get an updated price and finish the rest of the house.

edit: the experience was exactly as described in their radio ad.
***It's your money, not theIRS! (At least for a little while longer.)
techno-ag
AG
Enercon.
ontheedge
I would always use Enercon as well but after some recent dealings with them not anymore. Something has drastically changed there.
BlueMiles
AG
See my update above.
ontheedge
Does the Beard family still own Enercon?
Muzzleblast
Don't use Enercon.

If you have any problems they will run away like a scalded dog.

Radio commercials are straight BS.
aggiepaintrain
AG
When I hear those commericals I change the channel, it's like finger nails on a chalk board.
Winda's= srs bidness.
Tailgate88
AG
Surprised to see the negative posts for Enercon. They replaced all of our neighbors Windows and they were very pleased so we called them for a quote last summer. Brad came out and told me which ones could be fixed instead of replaced, saving me over $1000. They did a great job and we have had them replace some damaged screens (not their fault, dog tried to push through them) subsequently. I will definitely use them again.
AgMedic02
AG
I do some home repair and remodel work on the side, and called Enercon for a quote for one of my customers. It took several days to get a quote, and when I finally did, they had missed some of the windows. It took several days to get someone back out to measure, and even after that, it took multiple phone calls over 3-4 days before I got in touch with Brad. Multiple messages/texts to his cellphone were unreturned until I sent a text to thank him for his time and let him know I would be using Acme. He finally called me back and gave me the runaround on why nobody else in his office could give me the bid and why nobody would ever return my calls asking for a bid. When I did finally nail him down, he did finally give me a bid and assured me that Acme would be double his bid.We ended up using Acme, and they were less expensive.
techno-ag
AG
Had some windows needing replacement at a rental property. Enercon came through on time and on budget. Would use them again.
dubi
AG
Sad to hear Enercon has gotten sloppy. They did a great job with my mom's house.
halibut sinclair
We have used Acme Glass many times over the years for replacement windows and solar screens. Reasonable prices and the service is always top notch.
Mom Class of '03,'05 and '09
S
Window World, Waco. We are so pleased with our windows we are having them give estimate on replacing our siding!
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.