Suddenlink & Modem

3,639 Views | 12 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by AggieJason
BCSMom
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Suddenlink is trying to get me to pay $10 a month for their modem. Anyone purchased and use your own? If so, let me know which kind so I can check it out.
bobinator
AG
You can also just buy one from Suddenlink for like 50 bucks.
The Original AG 76
AG
I went to the SL store to buy the modem and was told that they only rent them not sell them. Of course this was a SL employee so it's highly likely that she was clueless.
KidDoc
AG
I bought my own, don't recall the brand though. I'll try to remember to check when I get home. I have gigabit service with them.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
UmustBKidding
Bought a surfboard 6141 at Sam's a few weeks ago to use at my moms house. Ended up using the one that was still there. Was $79 plus tax, but since don't need will let go for $50 cash in CS.
Its good up to 300Mbps (Dociss 3.0 8 carrier)
Username at conspiracy dot net
cz308
We use the surfboard 6141 as well. We have never had any issues with it.
BCSMom
Emailed you
Sweet Kitten Feet
S
Been using a netgear for over a year. Have had to reset it a few times but that was due to suddenstink.
KidDoc
AG
A Hitron a35. Gives me 900+ Mbit per sec on desktop. Then I use a netgear nighthawk router for wifi.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
ro828
It's a mixed bag. If you buy one it may last for years...or for months. If it goes to the bad, it's your problem. If the one you rent poops out you can just exchange it.

That said, I'd never consider buying one from Suddenlink with all the equipment issues we've had with them. Best Buy or Sam's, for sure.
91_Aggie
AG
Google "Modem for Suddenlink"
The Original AG 76
AG
quote:
It's a mixed bag. If you buy one it may last for years...or for months. If it goes to the bad, it's your problem. If the one you rent poops out you can just exchange it.

That said, I'd never consider buying one from Suddenlink with all the equipment issues we've had with them. Best Buy or Sam's, for sure.

But you can buy a new one every year for what you pay to rent from SL
LuvMyBoys
I just signed up with Suddenlink. You can rent one, or purchase one for $50.00.
AggieJason
AG
Do yourself a favor and look at the modem recommendations on http://thewirecutter.com. Then call SL and verify that model is compatible with their network. Make sure you get a DOCSIS 3 compatible modem if you want high-speed. Once you have it in place and hooked up, call SL and they can provision it from their end.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.