Wrangler Steakhouse in Navasota

3,150 Views | 15 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by unmade bed
Orlando Ayala Cant Read
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
There's no Navasota board but I just wanted to give a shout out to them..

Ate a steak for the first time here yesterday and DAMN it was good! Was not expecting that. It was just a simple rib eye but it was cooked to perfection, so juicy, and the taste rivaled that of many great steak houses I've been to.

I'd definitely drive 20 mins on a regular basis to eat that again.
TimsParents
S
We've eaten there several times and never been disappointed .
Gig'Em & God Bless
Drewmeister
AG
Maybe they've improved, but when I last ate there a couple years ago I was not impressed. I've had better steaks at Texas Roadhouse or even Outback. I believe my "medium rare" steak was somewhere between medium & medium well but not even seared properly.

Given the limited dining choice in Navasota it's not a terrible choice, but I would not go out of my way for it, and would probably order something other than a steak there.

Sodolak's Beefmasters in Bryan is much better.
Orlando Ayala Cant Read
AG
quote:
Maybe they've improved, but when I last ate there a couple years ago I was not impressed. I've had better steaks at Texas Roadhouse or even Outback. I believe my "medium rare" steak was somewhere between medium & medium well but not even seared properly.

Given the limited dining choice in Navasota it's not a terrible choice, but I would not go out of my way for it, and would probably order something other than a steak there.

Sodolak's Beefmasters in Bryan is much better.
Its possible they have improved or maybe just having a good day. I've had Sodolaks steak but not Roadhouse. My steak yesterday was better than what I got at Sodolaks. Really enjoyed it.
crbongos
AG
Wrangler---just go across the street from the Wrangler and go to the Western Club and try their steak (or steak bites). You can thank me later. Good cold beer, too. And if you stay around late enough on weekends you can dance till last call! 15 minute drive from B-CS.
ChampsAg

The Wrangler is definitely hit or miss. I do like their buffet occasionally.

malibu9in1
quote:
Wrangler---just go across the street from the Wrangler and go to the Western Club and try their steak (or steak bites). You can thank me later. Good cold beer, too. And if you stay around late enough on weekends you can dance till last call! 15 minute drive from B-CS.

Sounds like a place to go when you don't wanna be known???
SumAggie
Malibu is correct - that is a good place! I have been disappointed often enough ordering steaks that I no longer do s when diniing out. If I want the best steak I buy good thick ribeyes and cook them at home!
Ric Clark
Took the family there a couple of years ago and it was without a doubt the worst experience I have ever had at a restaurant. Even spoke with the "manager on duty" who stated "we are short staffed tonight and I am tired and going home so you get what you get."

Don't think my shadow will darken their door again.
unmade bed
quote:
Took the family there a couple of years ago and it was without a doubt the worst experience I have ever had at a restaurant. Even spoke with the "manager on duty" who stated "we are short staffed tonight and I am tired and going home so you get what you get."

Don't think my shadow will darken their door again.

Not sure how long ago that was, but they have changed ownership recently.
AggiePhil
AG
The Australian guy doesn't still own it?
unmade bed
quote:
The Australian guy doesn't still own it?

Dont think so. I think he went back to Australia, and he left the restaurant to his girlfriend or partner, and I'm pretty sure she has since sold it.
AggiePhil
AG
Interesting. We used to be neighbors a long time ago. Saved his apartment from burning down one time when he put something on the stove and went for a walkabout.
justalocal
I had the best beef tips and rice there years ago. Everything else on the buffet was meh. Haven't been able to convince the husband to go there.
Orlando Ayala Cant Read
AG
i didn't even look at the buffet in my recent visit. i was satisfied with the steak and baked potato i got from the kitchen.

i found myself day dreaming of that steak i ate today.
Aquin
AG
Just a reminder. Grimes County has no health inspector.
unmade bed
quote:
Just a reminder. Grimes County has no health inspector.

Lots of small counties don't. How in the world do private businesses provide quality services without some government bureaucrat approving?
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.