What are some of the more lesser known sit down breakfast places in this area?

6,849 Views | 38 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by Ric Clark
Eliminatus
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Not really feeling the brand name stuff like Cracker Barrel or Denny's or IHOP right now. Looking for something different. Located in N. Bryan so distance is a factor. Would go to Hullabaloos but don't wanna drive 20 minutes either. So a decent sit down breakfast with coffee is what I want that is not a big box restaurant. Anything like that here that I am missing perhaps?
SoTheySay
S
Sweet Eugenes, Hilton, Blue Baker, Blackwater Draw
MiMi
S
La Botana on Wm J Byan
La Familia on Texas Ave
momlaw
AG
Haven't had it, but Papa Perez does weekend breakfasts.
jskin261
El Sol De Mexico @ Texas and MLK
marrocco
quote:
Haven't had it, but Papa Perez does weekend breakfasts.

I ate there this morning - I love their breakfasts.
FlyRod
Its pretty much Mexican or nothing.
Eliminatus
AG
Life took over and ixnayed breakfast. But thanks for the suggestions!
Orlando Ayala Cant Read
AG
We need a breakfast and crepes place. If you've been to Chef N Blue in Dallas something like that would kill here.
techno-ag
AG
Rudy's breakfast tacos.
Kendall Rogers
AG
If you are way north Bryan, you are about 15 minutes from the Dixie Caf in Hearne...the best breakfast around.

australopithecus robustus
Cafe Eccell. I have found that a lot of people don't know they have a brunch menu on weekends.
rhoswen
AG
The Kettle?
Kitten With A Whip
quote:
Not really feeling the brand name stuff like Cracker Barrel or Denny's or IHOP right now. Looking for something different. Located in N. Bryan so distance is a factor. Would go to Hullabaloos but don't wanna drive 20 minutes either. So a decent sit down breakfast with coffee is what I want that is not a big box restaurant. Anything like that here that I am missing perhaps?
No such thing. Stop trying so hard. Hope it wasn't too hard for you to find some coffee and breakfast food.
FlyRod
Black Walnut Cafe can't get here fast enough.
Broncos
World of Beer has a great brunch on Sunday's.
TellMeMore
+1 Cafe Excell. Not traditional, but very good.
armymom
It's in College Station but we enjoy breakfast at Ozona's! Buppy's on Sulphur Springs in Bryan has a good brunch on Sunday!
eloc62
quote:
If you are way north Bryan, you are about 15 minutes from the Dixie Caf in Hearne...the best breakfast around.
Dixie Cafe is really good. it would be great if a place like that could make it here, but these places seem now to be relegated to small towns where they can afford the rent, or own the place because they have been there so long. what a shame. remember going with my grandparents 40 years ago to Margie's Cafe in downtown Bryan for breakfast. They would let me order coffee. sipped my coffee and listened to them talk to everybody in there, while i ate a great breakfast. loved those waitresses. they had been there forever. good times!
Brewmaster
AG
quote:
Cafe Eccell. I have found that a lot of people don't know they have a brunch menu on weekends.
+2 and the make your own bloody mary bar is excellent!

quote:
We need a breakfast and crepes place.

I'm sure I'll get blasted for this, but Christopher's is outstanding for brunch (Beignets in particular)...and depending on what you order its pretty reasonable. Their beignets taste just like the tasty ones at Cafe du Monde in New Orleans.
FlyRod
Its interesting that we have a good number of brunch places--Christopher's, Ozona, Hullabaloo, World of Beer, Cafe Eccell, Blackwater Draw--but few breakfast places.

Would kill for a place like Launderette in Austin but, yeah, I know...
ClassicArnold
BEST breakfast!!!!!!! Their chips & salsa are awesome too!!!! El Sol de Mexico on Texas & MLK
Ornlu
AG
Heck, I just want 3 identical copies of Hullabaloo, sprinkled around the city.
Esteban du Plantier
AG
quote:
Heck, I just want 3 identical copies of Hullabaloo, sprinkled around the city.

Yes to the breakfast food.

Hell no to every other aspect of that place.
sornman
Haven't seen it mentioned, but Village Cafe in downtown Bryan has a decent breakfast menu.
RepublicBrand
AG
Downtown Bryan: I like Village Cafe too. Sometimes they are a little slow but they are growing and hiring more people. Casa Rod has a good breakfast. My kids favorite breakfast tacos are Garpez, in the gas station at the corner of 6 and Harvey near Sams.
OnlyANobody
Garpez is currently closed, for how long I don't know. Sal Garza passed away this weekend.
FlyRod
Really sad to hear that. One of my favorite spots in town. Super nice, funny guy, and way too young.

The only place in town I trusted for menudo and loved talking to Mama Garza about it. Their breakfast plates were great. Ugh.
Fonzie Scheme
AG
That stinks about Garpez. Not my favorite breakfast tacos but their chips y salsa are the best.
OnlyANobody
Not wanting to derail, but yes, a REALLY great guy from a wonderful family and he was way too young.

Edited to add: I don't know the future status of the restaurant. I was only specifying why you'll find it closed at this time.
RepublicBrand
AG
WOW! Just saw him last week! What happened?
OnlyANobody
Yes, so did I. You never think it's the last time, though. I don't know what happened and of course, will not inquire of the family. It's just too much. Here's what I do know about arrangements at this time: The viewing has been arranged, but services are still pending. Information should be in The Eagle on Thursday.

Maybe I should have started a different thread. I truly did not intend to derail this thread. My heart is so broken for this sweet family.
AggieHank86
AG
Papa Perez downtown on weekends.

Ozona on Harvey is a good weekend breakfast.
malibu9in1
Should reopen next Monday hopefully.
TexAg1987
quote:
lesser known sit down breakfast places in this area?
I don't know.
Page 1 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.