Trashing old electronics and computers

1,275 Views | 10 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by hihozippo
EvenPar
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
We have some dated electronics stereo and computers that have been sitting in the closet. Where can we dispose of them properly?
java94
AG
The hazardous household waste collection was this past Saturday. The next one is Oct 22nd.
Birddog
AG
This past Saturday was the hazardous waste disposal fiesta out at the old TI complex, If you can hold on to them for a while they will have another event in 6 months (I think).
EvenPar
AG
Are there any other options? We are moving soon and can't wait that long.
techno-ag
AG
Donate to a church garage sale. Several coming this summer.
jrhmc
AG
Goodwill will take them and recycle them. Or at least they would a few years back.
gunan01
AG
Best Buy will take them and recycle them for free. They'll even have someone come out to your car to help you bring them inside.
Tailgate88
AG
quote:
Twin Oaks Landfill Computer Recycling- The Twin Oaks Landfill offers Computer & Electronic Recycling year round. When entering the facility, tell the scale house operators that you have Electronic Materials for Recycling. They will direct you to the WHITE GOODS AREA. There is no special fee associated with recycling, but you will be charged $26.69 per ton for the tipping fee.
BMo
Best Buy now charges $25 to take old monitors and TVs.
EvenPar
AG
Before I pay Best Buy, would anyone here be interested in:

2 iMacs (2007, 2008 i think)
Mac Power Book G4 (2004 i think)
Old Denon stereo receiver without HDMI
RecycleCSTX
If you are a residential City of College Station or City of Bryan utility customer that pays for sanitation/garbage services, you may recycle them at no cost at Twin Oaks Landfill. Just be sure to bring the itemized portion of your utility bill with you to the landfill!

-Heather
Recycling & Environmental Compliance Mgr
City of CS
hihozippo
AG
You can always try freecycle. There's someone on there that rebuilds computers & offers them to those who can't pay.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.