Campus Visit, steaks and Fishing?!?!?!?

2 Views | 7 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by halibut sinclair
agbuck
How long do you want to ignore this user?
I am taking the kiddo for the College of Engineering campus visit on the 13th. I am looking for a good steak place to eat and maybe a public fishing hole we can hit before heading back to Leander
armymom
George Bush library has a stocked pond behind it. Non-barbed hooks though! We like JCody's for steaks and Aggie euphoria!
Flatlander

quote:
We like JCody's

This was the very first place I was taken on my first campus visit way back when. Of course back then it was called Tom's BBQ and taking prospective Aggies to eat there was pretty much the norm.
Cyp011
AG
Take him to Republic.
Cyp011
AG
Most kids from one of the bigger towns would be less than impressed with J Codys.
techno-ag
AG
Sodolaks on 21 and the bypass or Longhorn Tavern downtown for some local color. Gibbons Creek Reservoir for fishing off Hwy 30 toward Huntsville.
KidDoc
AG
Republic, Christopher's, and Veritas are the best steak house or gourmet. I prefer Veritas.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
bassmaster84
AG
Keep in mind it's graduation weekend. You probably won't be able to get into a place like Christopher's or The Republic.
halibut sinclair
quote:
Sodolaks on 21 and the bypass or Longhorn Tavern downtown for some local color. Gibbons Creek Reservoir for fishing off Hwy 30 toward Huntsville.
If you're going out to Gibbons Creek, they have much better steaks at Yankee's Bar & Grill than at these 2 places.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.