Parade of Homes

5,322 Views | 24 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by Picadillo
313-7-12thMan
How long do you want to ignore this user?
This weekend is the second weekend of the Parade of Homes. Who went last weekend? What are the "can't miss" homes this year?
SoTheySay
S
Blackstone - Majestic Oak in Saddle Creek
Todd Carnes in the Gardens of Castlegate
SoTheySay
S
There was one on Hadleigh that I liked also.
313-7-12thMan
I had heard the Blackstone house was pretty incredible. The Schaefer home in Indian Lakes and the Trident home in Pebble Creek are supposed to be really nice too.
AggiePhil
AG
Such a poorly publicized event. I had no idea it started last weekend.
EliteElectric
http://www.forsalebyowner.com/listing/4305-Parnell-College-Station-TX/56fa96e0b0f839b3568b457c

justalocal
Flagship - saddle creek drive
Marriott - toddington
Black stone - saddle creek
SoTheySay
S
You haven't seen one of the 163262783 blue signs?
Builder93
AG
Wow, looks like every Parade of Homes, Anywhere, USA. This is like going to car lot row and comparing the Hyundai to the Nissan to the Toyota and then haggling down on the price. This is why I stopped attending these a long time ago. What's the point?
Look Out Below
AG
The Trident home in Williams Creek is huge and has decent land on it. Definitely different than the rest.
313-7-12thMan
Finally made it out today. Thanks for the suggestions. That Blackstone home in Saddle Creek was amazing. The interior stone and beam detail was beautiful. They said the floors were a porcelain tile which added a really cool look too. Plan to see a few tomorrow as well.
313-7-12thMan
Hi Builder. Just re-read your post. Not sure what your point is. Do you have a home on the Parade this year? Are you disappointed in the homes out there? Not flaming, just seeking more input.
oldarmy1
AG
quote:
http://www.forsalebyowner.com/listing/4305-Parnell-College-Station-TX/56fa96e0b0f839b3568b457c

Laminate flooring? Laminate?! In that house?
Carnwellag2
the homes this year are priced high. some of them at over $200/sq ft. Are people really paying that much in this area?

Bubble anyone?
mgreen
My first time out to Saddle Creek. Had no idea it was back there. Seemed like an odd location and had an odd mix of homes.
07bluebonnet
quote:
quote:

Laminate flooring? Laminate?! In that house?
Well, it is a Stylecraft home.
skipster
The Schaefer home was nice in Indian Lakes. There were several houses on the street. Confused to how one could say that this event was not advertised = there were signs all over town??
SumAggie
quote:
the homes this year are priced high. some of them at over $200/sq ft. Are people really paying that much in this area?

Bubble anyone?
have done two major projects over the past 2 years and materials have gone up dramatically over the past five years. The days of the $100 per square foot home are over.
ontheedge
Labor has probably escalated more that materials as a percentage of the job.
hurleyag
AG
We were not impressed with the Black stone - saddle creek house. Needed more natural light.
CharlieMac
I think 20+% of the homes in the area are Stylecraft Homes.
ksp
quote:

Bubble anyone?
Been hearing BUBBLE talk for over 10 years now.

There is not, nor will there ever be a bubble here.

Supply, demand is brutally low/high here.

It is her to stay, get used to it.
FlyRod
Yep. Just as many folks in Austin have been migrating out to the smaller towns like Kyle ad Buda, etc., watch for an exodus from here to places like Snook, Hearne, Caldwell, Navasota, etc. among those who don't feel like dropping $300,000 in cash for a "starter home."

Not a bubble but the new normal. T&P for those relocating here and not making six figures.
Carnwellag2
quote:

It is her to stay, get used to it.
-said by most people as the bubble is getting bigger
Ribbed Paultz
It's a cool event, and obviously without the builders and individual owners graciously allowing strangers to walk through their homes,, it doesn't exist. So thank you builders and owners for allowing us to walk through your home.

Random musings:
1) The house in Williams Creek was a cut above the rest, and I suspect we will be getting more of those type homes in our community as wealth in B/CS skyrockets. On the POH website it was listed for $1.35 million! It had a really cool contemporary design and nice features.

2) The homes in Indian Lakes are nice, but I have no idea why they are all blocked by trees. Must be an HOA thing. Contrast with Saddle Creek, where the houses sit on equally large lots and are unobstructed. I had never been to Saddle Creek prior to this POH, didn't realize it was so well developed.

3) The home in Emerald Ridge Estates was really nice. My wife loved the large master closet (with window!).

4) I was hoping to get some homes in Miramont and Traditions. Oh well maybe next time.
Picadillo
I can just imagine turning this county's property tax appraisers loose on a $1.35M house. Geesh.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.