Quality of Bryan / College Station water?

28,942 Views | 46 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by waterworks
cslifer
How long do you want to ignore this user?
What aquifer if different? And where are the intakes on the navasota?
Tailgate88
AG
quote:
quote:
+1 Culligan. $29/month. We use it for coffee, drinking, even the dog's water. I can't see us ever getting rid of it. We're on Wellborn Water, pretty sure it's even worse than COCS/COB.
Buy this and save yourself ~$300/yr after the first year.

http://airwaterice.com/drinking-water-system/mini-under-sink-ro-system-50gpd.html

Except I would have to install and maintain it, and it won't last forever. Culligan comes out the same day anytime I have a problem and they completely replace the system with a new (refurbished) one every 18 months. And the water tastes great. We're very pleased.
Brewmaster
AG
Here is Wickson water for those in my neck of the woods: new phases of Austin's Colony, Greenbriar, etc.

http://www.wicksoncreek.com/water-quality-report
MadDog73
AG
I live in Austin's Colony and on Wickson water supply. Water is great; no issues.
Brewmaster
AG
quote:
I live in Austin's Colony and on Wickson water supply. Water is great; no issues.
I agree... it seems to be high in calcium carbonate, but not real high in salt (unlike B/CS water).

It actually tastes pretty good once filtered.
studioone
buncha whimps...

filters.. phft...

i was weened on bryan water.. cant stand anything else..
FlyRod
I feel very sorry for you.
opstx
AG
I'm blown away by yhe useful and thoughtful responses. With this kind of info mymorning collee is sure to taste better! Thanks, Aggieland.
veritas47
quote:
Bryan Water = AWFUL TASTE

College Station = Marginally better

I think you have these two backwards. Having resided in both of the twin cities, CS water is some of the worst tasting in Texas. Bryan's isn't great but it beats College Station's water in taste by a good margin.
PS3D
I thought I had heard that the Dowling Road pump station was Wellborn water. Guess not?

Yeah, in terms of water, it doesn't taste good. It doesn't have that sulfurous taste places east of I-45 tend to have, but it definitely won't harm you unless you have a particular sensitivity to sodium.
waterworks
AG

veritas 47 - Both Bryan and College Station have the same water source, the Simsboro aquifer. Our treatment processes are similar. Not sure what could make the two water systems taste any different.

PS3D - The Dowling Road Pump Station is College Station's "high pressure" pump station, and where our ground storage reservoirs are located.
PS3D
quote:

veritas 47 - Both Bryan and College Station have the same water source, the Simsboro aquifer. Our treatment processes are similar. Not sure what could make the two water systems taste any different.

Probably plumbing. The water in some of A&M's older buildings taste pretty bad. The original Chemistry Building portion tastes like Pb, if you know what I mean.
waterworks
AG

PS3D - TAMU has their own water system, separate from either City. They are also on groundwater.
Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.