East side of Hwy 6 and Barron

1,316 Views | 4 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by BigBubba
AgTrip
How long do you want to ignore this user?
I've been watching them clear all that brush away along 6 and now they have a sidewalk going back into the property. Any idea what this is? I've noticed a lot of sidewalks being put in around town.
ccrouch001
AG
I believe it is a trail to lick creek park.
ccrouch001
AG
http://www.cstx.gov/index.aspx?page=3536

I believe this should help.
AgTrip
Thanks. I knew you guys would help with the answer.
SARATOGA
Seems like a reasonable idea, and might be a good way to keep bike traffic off Rock Prairie road. That road was dangerous enough before, but with the new subdivision going in across from Williams Creek and all the cement trucks that will be utilizing that road it will be Mad Max Thunderdome.

This way bikers can access Lick Creek more directly via the back, though riding by a former landfill doesn't sound awesome....
BigBubba
AG
I am really looking forward to this new trail. It is going to be great to have a place where we can ride the bikes with the kids and not have to worry about traffic. We have gone hiking in this area before and it is a very nice area for a trail. The landfill doesn't interfere at all. You hardly notice it because of the trees.

I am very disappointed they modified the design of the trail on the west side of 6 to just use existing streets instead of going beside the creek. I doubt we will ever use that section of the trail because I don't want my kids in the street right next to traffic. They should have just cancelled that section of the project because it is just a waste of money and doesn't accomplish anything.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.