Local nursery?

1,650 Views | 10 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by WonkaTXRanger
Sea Pony 07
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I realize it is late in the year, but is there a place in town or within 30 or so miles to go for live plants? Not looking for anything exotic, but mainly herbs, maybe strawberries, that sort of thing for a small apartment balcony.
JM04
AG
Try the farm patch on s college or lowes.
Kendall Rogers
AG
Both a little farther but,

Antique Rose Emporium in Independence has herbs of many kinds. Also great trip to see roses.

Also, a little farther, but The Arbor Gate Nursery in Tomball is a great place to visit and has most every herb there is out there.
Oogway
Farm Patch on College Ave (see above)

Producers Coop (Hwy 21 & Texas Ave) is a great source. Closed on Sundays.

If you aren't too picky, some of the Kroger stores have herbs (six pack containers or singles) out front this time of year. Big box stores like Home Depot and Lowe's do too.

I second the Antique Rose Emporium for a pretty drive and pretty flowers.
07bluebonnet
America's Country Store in Wellborn, and even Towerpoint HEB has strawberries and herbs outside the produce entrance.
rhoswen
AG
I loved spending time at Martha's bloomers. Much higher quality than other places.
EBrazosAg
AG
It is amazing how poor our nursery choices are in a university town with a premiere horticulture school. America's Country Store and Producers are uneven but sometimes gems. Martha's Bloomers is a drive-past in my experience. The best options are the Antique Rose Emporium - but it has been a few years since I went there - but they have good variety and unusual plants. If you want good choice and high stock volumes the closest and best I have found is the Arbor Gate in Tomball. It is a high quality nursery, on par with the Cornelius' of Houston and the North Haven's and Covington's of DFW.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
FlyRod
Producers was a fantastic amazing nursery back in the day at their old location. They decided to become a horse and cow store instead.

30 minutes, your best bet is Martha's Bloomers. At home, the Country Store in the Wellborn area.

For a longer haul and vastly more interesting selections, Rose Emporium in Independence, and Bloomers in Elgin.
Sea Pony 07
AG
Thanks!
Jetty
AG
Farm Patch!!!
justalocal
Junebug in navasota. 105w/peeples. New owners, good prices.
WonkaTXRanger
Producers Co-op and the College Station Lowes have a good selection of what you're looking for. For special orders or larger plants, Circle D Nursery on Finfeather has one day of the week they sell retail. I believe it's Monday or Saturday.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.