Free help

1,872 Views | 12 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by fulofenergy
fulofenergy
How long do you want to ignore this user?
I don't have anything to do this weekend (April 30 - May 1st), and I'd rather help someone out than sit around and play video games. Anyone in the BCS area need help moving, painting, general manual labor, etc.? Let me know how I can help.

*disclaimer - I don't have a truck so moving furniture could be difficult
Belton Ag
AG
Your handle is quite fitting. Good luck.
cz308
If your help is truly free, I applaud you.
fulofenergy
It is truly free. Hopefully someone takes me up on it, otherwise I'll have a very slow weekend.
jrhmc
AG
I'm not sure if they are working this weekend but our local Girl Scout Camp, Camp Howdy, is totally volunteer run and maintained. They are always looking for helping hands to get things ready for the girls and also the boy scouts who also use the property. You can contact Steve Gossett at gossett@suddenlink.net .
malibu9in1
Mens ministry at central baptist needs some strong arms to move a single momma. :-/
fulofenergy
I should be done helping the current person around lunch and I will call the men's minstry then.
malibu9in1
979-220-3938 Jack. He needs help from central baptist
fulofenergy
Well I just finished helping someone paint their kitchen and living room, and Jack was finished with the moving before I could get to him... Anyone else out there need a helping hand today or tomorrow?
malibu9in1
Good for you. Hope they fed you!
AggiePirate
AG
fulofenergy, very much props upon you for setting such a great example. This makes me think. What if this became a permanent thing? What if there was a help thread that people could go to to request or receive help for anything local. Just a thought.
fulofenergy
I thought about the same thing! However, I've only successfully helped one person this weekend, so it hasn't had huge success.
FlyRod
I'll second props to you as well. Volunteerism like this is rare these days, may good karma swing your way.
fulofenergy
Hopefully the karma comes in the form of someone needing a hand or volunteer opportunities. The day isn't over yet.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.