Tea Tree Oil

2,217 Views | 16 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by The Original AG 76
stinkerbelle
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Good Morning and Happy Friday!!
I have a question. I am needing Tea Tree Oil and I am needing 100%. I have been to several stores and all I can find is Tea Tree Oil with other ingredients, most only being a small percentage of Tree Tea Oil. I am not sure where to look and find this stuff. Am hoping maybe someone here may know where I can find this?
Thanks in advance for you help.
momlaw
AG
Have you called Village Foods, 979 846 9600?
rhoswen
AG
Supercuts was advertising it down here but I have no idea what its percentage was.
FlyRod
Brazos Natural Foods is your best bet...most extensive selection of that sort of thing around. They can order it for you if they don't have it as well.
starbuck128
AG
I just looked at the bottle of NOW brand tea tree oil I bought from the Tower Point HEB, and it says it's 100% tea tree oil.
stinkerbelle
Thank you all. Greatly appreciated! I will check these out.
Kendall Rogers
AG
HEB as an aromatic Tea Tree Oil NOW brand in their natural supplement area that has on its front
label 100% Tea Tree Oil. It about a 4 OZ bottle.

The Original AG 76
AG
Just curious... What is tea oil good for. Never heard of it
momlaw
AG
25 Uses for Tea Tree Oil
[ol]
  • Helps heal and soothe sunburns.
  • Heals skin infections naturally.
  • Relieves itchiness from rashes as well as helps reduce rashes.
  • Can be used as an all-purpose cleaner: Fill a "glass" spray bottle (which you can BUY HERE) with 1-2 tsp. of tea tree oil and the rest of the bottle with water.
  • Treats acne.
  • Helps to prevent lice naturally; just add a few drops to your shampoo.
  • A few drops in your pets' crates or beds keep the fleas away.
  • Removes ticks; just add to skin, and the little stinker will usually unlatch.
  • Cures toenail fungus and Athlete's foot.
  • Helps remove skin tags.
  • Naturally cures bad breath. (Swish some tea tree oil and water in you mouth.)
  • Can be used in a homemade toothpaste recipe.
  • Has been found as an effective treatment for warts.
  • Soothes insect bites.
  • Treats ringworm.
  • Treats psoriasis and other skin conditions.
  • Relieves asthma or other breathing conditions when a few drops are added to a humidifier.
  • Works as as antiseptic on small cuts.
  • Keeps your bathroom fresh.
  • Relieves earaches; mix 1 drop of tea tree oil with 1 tsp. olive oil, drop mixture into the ear and then remove by tilting head.
  • Freshen laundry: Add a few drops in your washing machine to scent your clothes. Also, if you forgot to put the clothes in the dryer, run again with tea tree oil to remove mildew. You can also scent wool dryer balls with tea tree oil.
  • Helps freshen carpet.
  • Can be used in several homemade kitchen cleaners.
  • Kills mold: Mix apple cider vinegar and tea tree oil and spray on mold; place outside to sun-dry.
  • Can be used in a homemade natural deodorant.
  • [/ol]
    Oogway
    IMO, I would be wary of oral usage even as an antisceptic mouthwash or toothpaste. That's me, though...
    momlaw
    AG
    There is food grade, which I use even for topical applications since the skin absorbs into the body's systems.
    motherrunnersBCS
    My favorite thing for fire ant stings. A tiny drop stops the burn. Kinda smelly, though.
    momlaw
    AG
    It is eucalyptus, which I use fresh leaves as a room freshener.
    Thank you for prompting my learning more.

quote:
    eucalyptus and tea tree (melaleuca) are derived from different species of trees, they are NOT both from eucalyptus trees. However, they do have very similar medicinal properties, due to the fact that both contain the active germicidal oil cineole, which acts as both an antiseptic and antifungal. Also, both are effective at killing dust mites.

The confusion begins as to which of these is more effective in treating specific ailments, so far I've deduced that eucalyptus is more effective in bronchial/respiratory infections, and melaleuca is better used as a topical antiseptic/antifungal due to its reduced chances of irritating the skin - although eucalyptus is also effective in this treatment.

Kendall Rogers
    AG
    I use tea tree bath bar soap most of the time.
    Frio Cielo
    quote:
    It is eucalyptus, which I use fresh leaves as a room freshener.

Tea oil comes from the Melaleuca spp. tree which has a number of species primarily growing in Australia, not from the eucalyptus tree.
    DontBeTriggered
    I have the HEB Now brand oil too! It is fantastic!
    stinkerbelle
    quote:
    25 Uses for Tea Tree Oil

Momlaw thank you! There are a few things on that list I want it for, but now will probably use it for many more.

I have never bought it before, was given some by an out of town friend so I really didn't know where to look until now

Thank you all so much!
    The Original AG 76
    AG
    quote:
    I have the HEB Now brand oil too! It is fantastic!
    where do they have it ? Looked around my HEB and could not find it.
    Refresh
    Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
    See Subscription Benefits
    Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.