Where is South College Station?

5,825 Views | 45 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by Mr. Griswold
BigBubba
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
It seems like the term "South College Station" gets used a lot in these forums but it appears people have a vastly different ideas as to what areas fall in south College Station. I have seen this cause miscommunication on several topics lately.

For example, a poster made a comment that it took them 25 minutes to get to university drive restaurants from South College Station. Well, for neighborhoods near the corner of Fitch and Highway 6 (which I call south College Station) this 25 minute claim is way off but for Saddle Creek it probably is 25 minutes.

So, where is South College Station?

RGRAg1/75
AG
That was me and I am past wellborn in an area that was annexed by CSTAT. I, and everyone else out here, considers this area SCS. Maybe we should be Southwest College Station?

Semantics. We are south of the city center, and north of Millican/Navasota/etc. My zip is 77845.
AggiePlaya
AG
I don't think there is a right or wrong answer, but in my mind South College Station is the area south of 2818 that is southwood valley and including castlegate and pebble creek residential areas
cs69ag
AG
You have the Campus, Northgate, Southgate and Eastgate...everything else is South College Station!

Seriously, I agree that South of 2818 (Harvey Mitchell Pkwy) is South CS.
ChampsAg
At this point I think that anything south of Graham would qualify. 2818 is now "in town" IMO.
halibut sinclair
Rock Prairie/Fitch area and over to Wellborn Rd.
taxpreparer
AG
I moved here in 1968 and pretty much consider everything South of Southwest Parkway to be "South College Station."
Frio Cielo
To me south College Station would be that part of the city south of Rock Prairie road.

25 years from now, the center of CStat (for some of your!!) will be the area from Rock Prairie to Tower Point.

A&M will be in North College Station.

I didn't realize that Saddle Creek was in College Station.

redd38
AG
I'd say anything South of Rock Prairie
Kitten With A Whip
quote:
That was me and I am past wellborn in an area that was annexed by CSTAT. I, and everyone else out here, considers this area SCS. Maybe we should be Southwest College Station?

Semantics. We are south of the city center, and north of Millican/Navasota/etc. My zip is 77845.
I agree that the area you describe would be considered Southwest College Station. While South CS seems to be growing by leaps and bounds, it seems we have been expanding East and West while no one was looking!.

Also, I used to consider my area of College station [WPC District] to be pretty centrally located, but it almost seems like it could be considered North College Station at this point.
Marooned_n_Aggieland
Technically the midpoint of College Station now is between Deacon and Rock Prairie on Hwy 6 depending on how far south you want to define as being CS.
fanof3.88
Navasota
CS78
Officially, Rock Prairie is the dividing line.
Aggie
AG
People that use the term " CSTAT"
Fonzie Scheme
AG
Anything south of where a poster resides is "south" College Station.

Also, to anyone calling it "CStat", I will refrain from being too colorful on this board but I hope you know that the term is not viewed the least bit favorably, at least by me.

We don't call it B-Ry.
FlyRod
Yep. SOCSTAT begins at Rock Prairie Rd.
RGRAg1/75
AG
Lol at the passive aggressive posters opposed to various abbreviations.

No one cares if you don't like the term CSTAT. That doesn't mean it's any less prolific, and it makes sense when texting/posting on silly threads like this.
Kidwrangler
quote:
Anything south of where a poster resides is "south" College Station.

Also, to anyone calling it "CStat", I will refrain from being too colorful on this board but I hope you know that the term is not viewed the least bit favorably, at least by me.

We don't call it B-Ry.
I'm old. I'm also sometimes crotchety. However, I'm fine with C-Stat because as an abbreviated form, it makes sense. It's the first letter of one word and the first syllable of the second word with proper capitalization retained. B-Ry does not make sense. That would be an oddly arbitrary selection, capitalization, and hyphenating of letters from one word. May I suggest Bry-Tx? I would not be bothered if this board chose to use B-Ry, though. At least I've read this thread and would know what you mean.

As to "South College Station", it used to be south of Rock Prairie to me, but I have adjusted down to south of Graham.
australopithecus robustus
Anyone who has lived here since at least the 90's or before should know that it's simply referred to as CS.

I have tried to embrace CSTAT in earnest, and even used it a time or two in an endeavor to be flexible.

I've concluded it is wrong. I've been here since 1979. It's CS, period.
australopithecus robustus
And south CS is south of rock prairie.
RGRAg1/75
AG
quote:
quote:

No one cares if you don't like the term CSTAT.

I care. It's a stupid ass term.

I guess there's sillier **** to get upset about. This is up there tho.
duffelpud
AG

The red line divides it into north and south. The green lines divide it into NW, central and SE.
BrandoC
AG
Anywhere south of Barron Road/Old Dirt Sock shopping center.
redass89
Anywhere zoned for college station high school.
JavierC2005
quote:
People that use the term " CSTAT"

You mean iv'e been saying "B/CSTAT" all wrong?????
Carnwellag2
depends how long you have lived here
ksp
Anything south of 40, that way I am in CSTAT not S-CSTAT as I am just north of 40
RGRAg1/75
AG
Oh the horror of the abbreviation "CSTAT" used by the posters above! Reprehensible!
jac4
AG
IMO "South College Station" is a state of mind.
Scotch
AG
You've got part of Bryan under that line.
Scotch
AG
I'm pretty sure CStat started with the kiddos at TAMU, btw, not the peeps from Brex.
SARATOGA
South of Barron Road.....though I'd listen to an argument saying that south of WDF is "South College Station"

I think it would be interesting to compare the number of homeowners north and south of Barron or north and south of WDF.

techno-ag
AG
Another issue is how far south SoCo will go. Eventually they bump into another county, and Navasota ISD serves part of Brazos County.
Mathguy64
AG
I've been around long enough that in my mind, south College Station ended (yes ended) at the Piggly Wiggly/Kmart on 2818 at Longmire.
SARATOGA
I wouldn't say that Navasota ISD "serves" south Brazos county insomuch as it has "invaded" south Brazos County and that even that backwoods little cowfart of a village at the intersection of the Brazos and Navasota River has city officials that make College Station elected officials and city planners look like complete buffoons....

And College Station will continue to only grow along Hwy 6 as long as they refuse to build any decent East/West thoroughfares and when or if they finally do they screw them up with more bad planning and stoplights (2818 & WDF)

50 years from now Navasota might be annexed as Wellborn was with eyes on Hempstead, and yet town still won't have reached past the airport on the western side.

Page 1 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.