Anyone using PlayStation Vue?

2,004 Views | 4 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by Brewmaster
Woody2001
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Curious about how the DVR works & local channels. Any other thoughts?

Thanks
waltonag05
AG
I have been using it since it went national. You get no local channels. All shows on ABC, FOX, and NBC are available on demand through Vue. CBS has its own app that is $5.99 a month. The only channel I really miss is the History Channel, but I am saving $65.00/month with Vue.

The DVR is just like any other DVR, you pick your shows and it records them. Shows are saved for 28 days. You are allowed 5 profiles, so everyone can save their own shows under their profile, which is nice.

I stream through my PS4 in my living room, use fire TV in the master and a fire stick in the guest.

I do have suddenlink internet and have not had any issues with buffering or poor video quality. At this point I can't envision going back to cable.

FYI.. I have the mid tier $35/month plan.
BusAg
AG
I'm considering. But last time I tried an antenna for local channels (B/CS) I don't think I got kbtx or kags. Course maybe I did something wrong
Buck Laughlin
AG
I haven't used Vue yet but plan to compare it to what we get with Hulu, Netflix, et al on the Roku.

As far as local channels, I'm down in a low spot in southeast College Station and still get all of the broadcast channels with a homemade antenna which cost me under $15. I clamped a four foot galvanized post with the antenna at the top to my old dish antenna base, so it's maybe 20 ft in the air. I know someone else in town that has this same antenna in their attic, but my house has a foil barrier that kills the OTA signal.

The antenna is omni-directional, so it doesn't have to be rotated for different channels and I don't use an amplifier. ABC can be a little pixel-y at times, but the rest are perfect. I just followed these big-time nerds' instructions and it took about 20 minutes the first time and less when I rebuilt it with pvc (I didn't do the reflector on the back):

The hardest part of the project was listening to them talk.
Clo004
Saw this post on decided to give Playstation Vue a try and I have been really pleased with it so far. I will probably be canceling cable through Suddenlink tomorrow.
Brewmaster
AG
Sling TV is another option (very similar to PS Vue)...and we get the SEC network, etc.

interesting antenna, I'm going to have to check that video out.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.