Thanks A&M Fiscal Dept!!

2,224 Views | 4 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by InMyOpinion
QuitTrippin
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Just got a 1099 in the mail for a grand, now I get to refile my taxes, best part it was dated 4/20/16!!!

Frio Cielo
I know that they supposed to get it to you by the end of January, but if you knew you worked for them, why not just call before you sent it in?

I get about 30 1099's each year and know what I get and who I need to call to get them to send it.

If they did send it in April and there was no issue in you have an old address that they sent it previously and you get a penalty for late tax payment, I would insist on A&M paying the penalty.

malibu9in1
Penalty can't be much?? I know that's not the point. Just take more pens and paper from the university to make up for it?
95_Aggie
AG
Shouldn't you have asked if you were missing it?
QuitTrippin
They are required by law to send by 1/31/16, it was mailed 4/20/16. I haven't moved either.
I should have remembered but they broke the rules and now I have to refile.
I know poor me but how hard is it to do your job!

InMyOpinion
Yes, they should have sent it to you by 1/31 but you should have also claimed the income with or without a 1099. If you had then There would be no reason to refile.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.