Whose Got a great Salad in Town?

5,404 Views | 39 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by AgDaddy08-11
Orlando Ayala Cant Read
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Tryin to eat better during the week.

Whose got a hearty, tasty salad around town? Any suggestions?
Fonzie Scheme
AG
Make one at home?
Post removed:
by user
jja79
AG
Jason's
redd38
AG
Newk's
FlyRod
1. Cafe Eccell
2. The Village
3. Mad Taco
Roc96
AG
I'm a simple man, so I really like the Chef Salad, and Jason's Deli is the best I've tasted here.
nashvilleaggie11
My favorites are the Napa Salad at Grub and the Arugula Beet Salad at Napa Flats.
TXCityGirl
GRUB - Greek Salad is so good! Blue Baker Greek salad is also pretty good with extra dressing.
Also - HEB makes and sels a pre-made salad that is kale, cranberries, pepitas and more and is so good. Buy it regularly. It's on the back of the rotisserie chicken display.
redd38
AG
The Corner Bar has a pretty decent salad, actually. Instead of lettuce they use chips, and instead of salad dressing they use melted cheese. It's delicious though.
4Runnergurl
cafe eccell (like flyrod said) for sure for their caesar salad and the pear vinaigrette salad and then phillips event center for their cobb salad. i like salads, can't you tell?
FlyRod
Forgot about Grub and Napa Flats. Good choices, particularly the latter.
Scotch
AG
*Who's

I'm disappointed in the Aggieland board for not catching that sooner..

Jason's needs at least three more locations in B/CS. One each by Double Dave's on Boonville and Rock Prairie and one in Rudder's Landing.
James Russell
AG
Grub turkey cobb salad is one of the only salads I'm actually excited about eating when I go out.
FlyRod
I liked the Greek chicken salad, but now that they are a chain, Corporate told them to remove it from the menu. They also changed the ahi tuna salad to...something worse. And the new chicken ceasar is pretty much what you'd get at Applebee's. That turkey Cobb one is the only one I get now (they haven't changed it...yet).
halibut sinclair
quote:
*Who's

I'm disappointed in the Aggieland board for not catching that sooner..

Jason's needs at least three more locations in B/CS. One each by Double Dave's on Boonville and Rock Prairie and one in Ruddder's Landing.
*Rudder's
Scotch
AG
Typos don't count.
jenniferjoe
AG
Shipwreck has some pretty good salads, and a couple are on their lunch menu! Excellent dressings as well!!
halibut sinclair
A lot of these so-called healthy salads have as much fat, calories, and carbs as a chicken fried steak.
montegobay
Fuzzy's Lil Salad with shredded beef is excellent!
FlyRod
Halibut, true dat. Read the ingredients list carefully ask for dressing on the side.
normaleagle05
AG
Blackwater Draw has a few really good salads on their menu. Greek, Garden, and Caesar. Get the half order, with chicken if you like, they're plenty for lunch and doubly so with a nice thick beer. Also nicely priced.
Aggie
AG
quote:
Salata.

Yeah $11 salads are great
Psshhht

eloc62
quote:
A lot of these so-called healthy salads have as much fat, calories, and carbs as a chicken fried steak.
yeah, i'm all for people trying to eat healthy, and applaud that, but when i see most people eating a salad at a restaurant, i see croutons, cheese, bacon bits ...etc.It's kinda like eating at Subway. they advertise health eating, and you can certainly do that there, but seems like every time i'm there, the people in front of me are putting not so heathy things on their sub and calling it good because they ate at Subway. just an observation.
java94
AG
I really like the Grilled Chicken salad at Chicken Oil.
jja79
AG
I have no idea how they stay in business. Their regular salad is like a side salad anywhere else.
FlyRod
The salads at Veritas and Republic and Paolo's are good, but they won't fill up.

One of my top faves is the Greek salad at Cafe Eccell, but they really pile on the feta cheese...thumbs up for the generosity, and down for the diet impact!
Mr. Griswold
quote:
I have no idea how they stay in business. Their regular salad is like a side salad anywhere else.

One word. Sororities.
AggieMarine
AG
Proudest Monkey's Farmer's Market salad with chicken is good.
Koko Chingo
AG
At Jason you can get the managers special. Get half a sandwich and for just a dollar or two more you get a 1 trip salad bar. Load that salad sky high and eat the sandwich the next day for lunch. If you get a healthy sandwich that's a double bonus. I am down 35+ pounds since January. The Jason all you can eat salad bars is filling and low calorie as long as you stay away from the dressings and a couple other items.

Plus if you are a good boy and clean your plate you get ice cream.
Brewmaster
AG
believe it or not, Carney's has some really good salads... my wife is super picky and she likes their's as good as anyone in town.

plus Fridays are 1/2 price food!
AgTrip
Freebird's Freedom salad with steak and their tomatillo dressing...that stuff is so good I could drink it!
CEAg78
AG
I had a good salad at Mad Taco -- avocado vinaigrette with chicken.
Orlando Ayala Cant Read
AG
Just had Newks. Simple but delicious chicken caesar.

Half portion filled me up.
nashvilleaggie11
Newks does have a good caesar but probably good idea to get dressing on the side if you are trying to be conscious of calories...they tend to pile the dressing on there. And I forgot to mention Napa Flat's caesar salad....it's got a lot of garlic which I think is delicious but if that's not your thing, I'd stay away.
Page 1 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.