Thinking of dropping cable....How do I watch football?

2,914 Views | 19 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by Fishing Fools
BCSMom
How long do you want to ignore this user?
I'm thinking of dropping Directv, but I have to make sure we have access to college football....specifically Longhorn network?
redd38
AG
SlingTV or PlayStation Vue, neither have LHN but hopefully you were joking about that.
BCSMom
No joking. Hubby is a Longhorn fan.
AggiePlaya
AG
Move to Austin
gigemags03
AG
We have a ROKU and use the WatchESPN app. A family member was kind enough to share their password so we could cut cable but still watch football. Got sick of paying $130 when all we really turned it on for was freaking DisneyJR.
95_Aggie
AG
The answer to this question usually involves going out to bars/restaurants during live sporting events, but I doubt many establishments in this town will be showing LHN.
jja79
AG
Cutting cable and stealing cable aren't the same thing.
91_Aggie
AG
Your husband does realize that the LHN only televised about 2 to 3 live football games each season. 2 will be against out of conference cupcakes and one will be a tough match up for the horns against either Kansas or Iowa State.
TSJ
AG
I am going playstation vue. It should give him access to watch espn app that would have lhn. That way you can watch SEC network on the big screen and he can go off with an ipad in another room.

Seriously though, lhn does not have support in the cord cutting world.
BCSMom
Good to know! I'm not a football fan so this is not an issue for me...lol!
LOYAL AG
AG
quote:
Your husband does realize that the LHN only televised about 2 to 3 live football games each season. 2 will be against out of conference cupcakes and one will be a tough match up for the horns against either Kansas or Iowa State.

Most of the nation would consider the current tu team an out of conference cupcake!
halibut sinclair
Playstation Vue's top tier of channels has Longhorn Network, SEC Network, ESPN, ESPN2, ESPNU, Fox Sports and more for $44.99 per month:

https://www.playstation.com/en-us/network/vue/#5
InMyOpinion
LHN

Longhorn History Network

Where tu fans relive the glory days, and say to themselves "if Colt hadn't got hurt" over and over and over.

I think a coworker get another t-shirt fans password for WatchESPN app to watch the games.
TSJ
AG
I stand corrected, Vue has it available with the core slim package at $35 per month.

But he really should go to another room to watch it.
Post removed:
by user
ksp
Dang, the LHN is still up and running? Figured they would pull the plug on that sinking ship by now.
The only thing stopping us from cutting the cable tv for the last 5 years was fall football. 2 months ago, we found sling tv for $20 an added a $5 sports package (no LHN but we don't care about that one. At. All.) We also bought an antenna for the major stations. Our monthly bill went from $110 to just under $30 with tax and such. Suddenlink will have to survive without us.
Brewmaster
AG
quote:
The only thing stopping us from cutting the cable tv for the last 5 years was fall football. 2 months ago, we found sling tv for $20 an added a $5 sports package (no LHN but we don't care about that one. At. All.) We also bought an antenna for the major stations. Our monthly bill went from $110 to just under $30 with tax and such. Suddenlink will have to survive without us.
+1 on this. We did the exact same thing...can't beat it for the price. I can have a game on outside on the antenna and watch espn game inside via Sling.

We also have Amazon prime, some good movies on there if you hunt. I think they just added the Dude (the Big Lebowski).
techno-ag
AG
quote:
Playstation Vue's top tier of channels has Longhorn Network, SEC Network, ESPN, ESPN2, ESPNU, Fox Sports and more for $44.99 per month:

https://www.playstation.com/en-us/network/vue/#5

At that price, may as well pay for basic cable. The idea is to SAVE money.
halibut sinclair
Fishing Fools
Dumb question...had enough of Dish and $100.00/month. Impressed with Sling but how do you record shows you can't watch that day/evening? Guy at Sling said there isn't anything we can buy that can record show "Legally".
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.