New Stuff at Century Square

12,405 Views | 72 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by Oogway
Cyp011
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
A friend send me a presentation that Midway gave at A&M and has been posted on Youtube. Really interesting hearing the thoughts of a developer and everything they look at/go through.

Restaurants:
Mo's Irish Pub
Hopdoddy
Blaze Pizza
Berryhill Taco

Entertainment, Hospitality and Multi-Family:
Studio Movie Grill
Calvary Court
The George
100 Park

Retail being negotiated or in discussion:

Zoes Kitchen
J Crew-Mercantile
Ruggles Green
Kendra Scott
Sephora
Nike Store
Lululemon*Permanent store**current testing college station market
Ruggles Green
Prida (sp?) Italian concept
Victoria Secret
Bath and Body Works
among others
redd38
AG
TWO Ruggles Green? That seems excessive.
Cancelled
AG
Where is this place supposed to be?
happyinBCS
Where the old married student housing was on university and south college
jac4
AG
Can you link the YouTube video?
Cyp011
AG

There are 7 parts I beleive. The first 3 are the best.
duffelpud
AG
This place is going to have to have bouncers to keep the ugly people out.

Interesting - at one point he said something like, "it's not about the money". I instinctively reached for my wallet.
Cyp011
AG
I think in the end it will do wonders for the region. It will create further infill opportunities along University.
Cancelled
AG
quote:

We like to hang out at Ruggles Green and try to find the newest thing on the menu and whoever finds something first has to buy whatever the other wants and if I win she has to buy me something at J Crew and if she wins I have to buy her something at Kendra Scott before we go hang out at Starbucks with our Macs...

It's a ****ing busy bee!!
Cyp011
AG
Interesting take.
K2T2
I'd be glad to have a Ruggles Green - they have loads of veggie options! Also, I never really paid attention, but Grub totally ripped off Hopdoddy in like...every way. Here's to hoping their veggie burger is better.

And Blaze pizza does vegan cheese! Hot dog! Aw heck, that bar listed even has veggie bar food options. Irish pub is a lame theme, but as long as the Blaggards don't play, it's probably a-ok!
FlyRod
Ripping off a good thing is by default also a good thing. There's s long list of places I hope someone rips off and opens facsimiles here.

Looking forward to these new businesses.
Cyp011
AG
The Mos concept is pretty good actually. He has the steakhouse on post oak and the pub in Cypress
jja79
AG
Mo's is part of a chain, Wisconsin I believe. Not sure it's affiliated with the steakhouse. Could be. The Irish pub is good and should do well. The food is good and they have live music. There's one in Vintage Park on 249 in Spring.

Berryhill's closed the Champions location. It's pricey and just ok.
Cyp011
AG
It's affiliated although not sure how. I believe there are only 4 Mo's currently (2 WI, 2 Houston).
toolshed
AG
Well, according to Texags, if it's a chain, no one wants it here!
CS78
quote:
Well, according to Texags, if it's a chain, no one wants it here!

Chains are fine...until there are four of them in a 10 mile area.
Cyp011
AG
There are chains (chilis, TGIF, Applebees etc) where the food is garbage. Regional places with multiple store fronts is fine. I would love to see Century Square add a chef driven destination restaurant.
eloc62
Mo's Irish Pub. do they serve an authentic fish n' chips? may not be British, but if they do, maybe as close as i can get in this town.
eloc62
nm. sorry. just checked website menu and see that they do serve fish n chips. looking forward to trying it!
jja79
AG
Had them at the Vintage Park location a couple of weeks ago. Enjoyed it.
Brewmaster
AG
quote:
Studio Movie Grill

Yes Please! This is probably as close as we'll get to ever having an Alamo Drafthouse.
Post removed:
by user
australopithecus robustus
What we really need is more industry with high paying jobs for the 25-40 year old demographic so we can support all this new development.
Cyp011
AG
That's tough. Granted, the retirement community growth is very strong and most have quite a bit of disposable income.
Post removed:
by user
Cyp011
AG
I think you're incorrect on the demographics retiring to BCS. Most come from big cities and expect/demand a certain lifestyle that Century Square will provide. Most, if not all, are not the Lubys type. That is more Bryan.
Cyp011
AG
I would venture to guess any large scale corporate development will be after the 249 expansion to Hwy 6. At that point you would have IAH airport access in roughly ~1hr.

Any corporate development will have to be STEM. CS just isnt attractive in current format for that. If you can build Century Square, densify that area and further build out the northgate area from a collection of random bars, apartments into something more unique you have an option.

Post removed:
by user
Cyp011
AG
They're retired doctors, attorneys, oilmen, execs.
kraut
AG
quote:
They're retired doctors, attorneys, oilmen, execs.
It's a long drive from Indian Lakes/Saddle Creek/Williams Creek/Pebble Creek to Century Square. This development doesn't seem to be geared towards them with the live/work/play theme they have going.
Cyp011
AG
It is. However, most people are moving back from big cities. They do not find a 10-15 min drive as an inconvenience that townies do. Again, its a different perspective.

It's a mixed use development, thus, the live, work, play them. However, when you have restaurants and shopping not found in the region its a dinner/evening destination.

FlyRod
quote:
What we really need is more industry with high paying jobs for the 25-40 year old demographic so we can support all this new development.

This times squadpillion.
The Collective
AG
Looks like a place designed to keep the poors out... daddy like.
jja79
AG
My understanding is they haven't finalized the route which means ROW hasn't been obtained. This is probably what, a 20 year project?
Last Page
Page 1 of 3

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.