Gogh Gogh Coffee Company

13,990 Views | 69 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by Harry Dunne
Broncos
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Stopped in this morning to give it a try and I must say that's it's the best coffee in town. They are still working on some things as the soft opening was just a few days ago but I will definitely be going back.

I had a large dark roast drip coffee and a donut, which was excellent also, and it was about $5 so about what you would pay at Starbucks. I plan on trying the double espresso next time so I'll report back.

I highly recommend you Gogh Gogh.

(Okay, that last part was kind of cheesy... But you should still try it!)
Oogway
quote:
Stopped in this morning to give it a try and I must say that's it's the best coffee in town. They are still working on some things as the soft opening was just a few days ago but I will definitely be going back.

I highly recommend you Gogh Gogh.

(Okay, that last part was kind of cheesy... But you should still try it!)
Where is it located? We might want to make the miniVan Gogh, but we don't know where...

* I see your cheese and I raise it.
Broncos
The new Realty building on the east side of Hwy 6 at Barron Road.

You should definitely Gogh.
MiMi
S
Saw a remote broadcast on KBTX yesterday morning. The donuts are delivered every morning from Kai's Donuts. Also, in the near future, they will offer wine/craft beers in the evening.
australopithecus robustus
The coffee needs to be good to make up for that silly name! Lol
GiveEmHellBill
AG
When I first saw it, I read it as "Goff Goff Coffee Company"
gus1390
AG
dang good coffee and donut
Justified
What time will they open?
Broncos
I'm not sure. I got there around 7:30.

I asked them about the beer and wine sales and he said they are waiting on TABC. Once they get their alcohol license they will have even later hours is what they said.
nashvilleaggie11
Ya, bad name. I'll try the coffee though.
MiMi
S
Opens at 7:00am
texasaggie04
AG
It's Muldoon's old recipes, isn't it?
spudag
AG
Stopped in today and the coffee was excellent. As someone mentioned earlier they have Kai's Donuts (which are excellent) but will also be carrying kolaches and sandwiches from Kai's in the future. I'm a big ice coffee guy and in the future they will have cold brew and nitro brew. The place is really nice and in 2-3 weeks the drive-thru will be open. texasaggie04 --- you are correct about Muldoons.
Frio Cielo
Will have to try it sometime I am in the area.

For many, many years, 30+ years, at home I have ground my own freshly roasted coffee beans daily and most all of the coffee shops can match it. What's The Buzz has some great blends of beans, you can get them at HEB.

For those readers who have never ground their own fresh roasted beans, get a $10 grinder and a pound of What's the Buzz beans Sumatra blend and try it...you will never buy pre-ground coffee beans again.

Starbucks is probably the worst of the commercially available coffee. All it has going for it is that the coffee has caffeine and is normally hot.

Tim Weaver
I did chuckle at the fact that Gogh Gogh opened up where the Gogo dancers used to be.
Kendall Rogers
AG
quote:
I did chuckle at the fact that Gogh Gogh opened up where the Gogo dancers used to be.
The GoGo Dancers danced in that empty lot? When was that?
starbuck128
AG
We've been buying What's The Buzz whole beans since they opened years ago. Good stuff.

I stopped by Gogh Gogh this morning, and their drip coffee is excellent, as were the doughnuts.
ChampsAg
Someone wake me up before you Gogh Gogh!
wysiwyg
AG
Cool thing I learned is that this shop is owned by the same guy who owns Corner Bar. They've done a nice job with all the restaurants and bars that they run around town.
duffelpud
AG
...regular goghgasm going on up in here...
Bullmoose
AG
Not bad, I might Gauguin.
Oogway
quote:
I'll stop by on our way. I have to tell you, though; one sip of that coffee and WHAM, you're ready to Gogh...

FlyRod
The coffee is good...very good. The space is kinda odd...almost like there is too much space. I guess they'll make use of it though. Looking forward to when they start doing craft beer and wine, and hopefully food other than doughnuts.
I wonder if they should call it Dough Dough because of the doughnuts??
techno-ag
AG
quote:
quote:
I'll stop by on our way. I have to tell you, though; one sip of that coffee and WHAM, you're ready to Gogh...

Well played!
halibut sinclair
duffelpud
AG
Mrs. Duff and I dropped by this morning for our fix. Coffee was good. Americano was a little TOO Americany and the Apple fritter was awesome. Space is off the lobby of the attached real estate emporium and seemed cavernous, although their nook was appropriately cozy.
AggieJason
AG
Ugh. Opposite direction from my normal morning commute. Guess I won't be trying to 'till next weekend. Wish the owner lots of success.
Brewmaster
AG
quote:
I wonder if they should call it Dough Dough because of the doughnuts??

or Joe Dough & Gogh
It's a big no no for Gogh Gogh to be Cajun, or "Geaux Geaux". That would only be so so. Folks could tell that it's faux faux. Once they have beer, don't drink and drive from there, you'll get pulled over by the Po Po.
techno-ag
AG
quote:
It's a big no no for Gogh Gogh to be Cajun, or "Geaux Geaux". That would only be so so. Folks could tell that it's faux faux. Once they have beer, don't drink and drive from there, you'll get pulled over by the Po Po.
Down in SoCo.
halibut sinclair
Cancelled
AG
I went on Sunday. My latte was tasty, but like warm. I will be going back. I'd rather support local businesses.
Broncos
quote:
The coffee is good...very good. The space is kinda odd...almost like there is too much space. I guess they'll make use of it though. Looking forward to when they start doing craft beer and wine, and hopefully food other than doughnuts.

I heard there is potential for other items once they get the beer and wine going. I kind of like the open layout. I think once the other business' get opened up it will feel a lot less empty.
AggiePhil
AG
They were closed the other morning at 6:45 AM when I was driving to work. Would like to see them open early in the future.
Last Page
Page 1 of 3

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.