work from home

10,734 Views | 62 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by BlueMiles
momkat
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Are there any legitimate work from home opportunities in this area?
75AG
AG
Why answer like this? momkat is obviously looking for some real information.

And sorry, momkat, I don't have any information. Hopefully someone will.
Post removed:
by user
momkat
I guess my post was rather vague? The Anchor did, in fact, answer my question. I should have went on to ask where I would find information on "work at home" options. I would be most appreciative of any information/direction.
CEAg78
AG
Work from home opportunities are not going to be the "easy money" things targeted at homemakers. You probably need to be self-employed and market your skill: transcription, editing, drafting, web design, etc.

Slocum's job sounds like a traditional job which he performs at a remote site.

Don't even pursue stuffing envelopes or the like.

I know a couple of people who make extra money answering surveys on the interwebs. I think they get maybe $100 per month when they are really active.
mamagutz
There are so many amazing companies right now where you can work from home and set your own hours doing direct sales. You just have to find a product you love so that you can share that love with others. If you are interested in learning more about the products we use for our family, send me a message and I'll get you some information.
jac4
AG
Before responding to mamagutz, go to the business and investing forum and read the multi page post on Multilevel Marketing.
TXCityGirl
Take a look at this listing of many ideas about work from home jobs. Many are NOT sales, or the multi-level product marketing businesses. There are a lot of survey companies that will pay you to answer questions all day.
http://hip2save.com/2016/01/07/work-at-home-other-work-opportunities-4/
MightyDuck
There are also lots of companies that will pay you to field calls from your home. Tech support and the like.
powerbelly
AG
quote:
There are so many amazing companies right now where you can work from home and set your own hours doing direct sales. You just have to find a product you love so that you can share that love with others. If you are interested in learning more about the products we use for our family, send me a message and I'll get you some information.
You too can be a brick in the pyramid!
mamagutz
Not a pyramid at all! So sad that so many have such negative opinions about direct sales and network marketing. I've had nothing but positive experiences with my company but to each their own!
91_Aggie
AG
If it is advocare, scentsy, essential oils, Mary kay, Avon, etc then it is a pyramid scheme. You may actually be able to make a little money at it but it will come at the cost of annoying your friends, relatives and neighbors who are too polite to tell you otherwise.
InMyOpinion
Check out flexjobs.com I have seen some good articles and lists that give you the names of companies that allow telecommuting. Flexjobs.com itself sells a membership with more benefits but you might run across some company names skimming their web site and then you can just go to the companys website and see what they offer.
texasaggie04
AG
quote:
There are also lots of companies that will pay you to field calls from your home. Tech support and the like.

This is a very real possibility. Hotel and airline companies, for example, hire people to work from home to do reservations.
jmb09
AG
quote:
quote:

This is a very real possibility. Hotel and airline companies, for example, hire people to work from home to do reservations.
I worked part time for Hilton for several years doing reservations/customer support and enjoyed it.

http://jobs.hiltonworldwide.com/work-from-home.php
GuitarChick
I currently work from home doing insurance claims for a national company. Give me your email address and I can send a list of legitimate companies that will pay you to do customer service, etc from home..
meezermom
Flexjobs.com -- I got two jobs off that site (you do have to pay to join, but it's totally worth it and not a scam). I now work freelance full-time from home. I love it! Good luck!
momkat
kapila8750@yahoo.com
OnlyANobody
I too, know some people who would be interested in this information, if you're willing to share. EyeSmellRatz@yahoo.com
FlyRod
Consider freelance writing and/or editing, esp for financial companies. Several friends of mine enjoyed this so much and made enough money that they quit their already lucrative day jobs.
momkat
How does one find work like this?
GuitarChick
Emails sent momkat and OnlyANobody!
FlyRod
quote:
How does one find work like this?

I would start by contacting the local outlets of companies like J.P. Morgan, etc. Most of the people I know who do this are in large cities to be sure, but I will make some inquiries and try to get back to you asap.
justalocal
I think it depends on your skill set/education. I've seen some triage nurse positions advertised in the eagle but you have to be a RN.
momkat
Guitarchick, I have not received an email.
GuitarChick
OK, I think the list is just too long. I saved it as a .txt file and attached it and re-sent. Let me know if you don't get it!
momkat
Sorry. Still haven't gotten it.
GuitarChick
Hmmmm... Maybe check your spam folder? Idk... It shows both of them as sent.
momkat
yup, checked all the folders. could you please try kapila8750@gmail.com
CrottyKid
AG
For real, look into fielding calls for Carnival Cruise Lines. My wife did that for a while after we relocated, and she enjoyed it. I can get more info for you if you want. If interested send me an email at texagsthetodd@gmail.com. I will have to ask her for all the details.
GuitarChick
Ok, sent
momkat
email sent
momkat
Got it. Thanks so much.
GuitarChick
Sure thing! Good Luck!
OnlyANobody
I didn't receive the email, could you re-send?
Page 1 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.