Cajun Bayou Grille on Wellborn

26,312 Views | 110 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by Brewmaster
Post removed:
by user
jja79
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I like him and the place. I didn't win. I made a choice based on my experience there.
SumAggie
quote:
Restaurant business is toughest business to be in.. I was in the restaurant business for over 10 years.. I'm not now and thank God everyday that I'm not.
It's 17-18 hour days , 7 days a week.
Profit margins are minimal.
Food cost , Employee wages keep increasing .. Overhead cost are thru the roof.
Even in you have constant customer traffic it doesn't really mean anything because most times with overhead cost you would have to charge 5x per plate what you're charging to be profitable. Especially for non chain mom and pop shops that have zero buying power.
Yes not all restaurants fall into this category but there is a reason 90% of all restaurants fail.
Wish the owner the best.
HiLIARy is going to fix this by raising the minimum wage..... Politicians are disconnected idiots.
CharlieMac
It's just a damn tough business.
The people who are successful and profitable in this industry have my UTMOST respect!
halibut sinclair
mgreen
Tough business and Rhino was a very good operator. I went a dozen times or so and he was there every time visiting each and every table. We need more locally owned restaurants. I hate to see it close but my gut tells me he reopens elsewhere. He has the recipes and work ethic. Now he just needs a decent location that is affordable and that is getting harder and harder as we grow. I think the landlord was the issue if I had to bet.
Brewmaster
AG
quote:
Downtown Bryan!!!!
or anywhere in Bryan for that matter! He can have his big patio and outdoor space...and you CS peeps will still drive over.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.