Korean take out on Harvey.... Yes or no?

3 Views | 19 Replies | Last: 8 yr ago by PS3D
studioone
How long do you want to ignore this user?

Wanted to be adventuresome and try it, but have seen a few bad reviews...

Opinions?
FlyRod
[That's enough. These posts are getting a lot of negative votes. -Staff]
EVA3
AG
I'm no expert on Korean cuisine but I thought it was outstanding.
rhoswen
AG
Lived in Korea when I was a kid and I love it as well.
drivinwest
AG
Very good!
dubi
AG
What is the restaurant name?
studioone
Korean take out.. Lol
rhoswen
AG
I think technically it's Mong Chon. But IIRC the sign out front says mong chon in korean and "korean takeout" in English so everyone just calls it "korean takeout".
Goose83
AG
Have to give it a try, especially now that Chef Tai's food trucks have, for all purposes, become "property" of A&M.
Hammerheadjim
AG
D,
That place has great Bugogi. Love the food.
smilin bob
If you want good Korean food in College Station your best bet is Choi's on Dominik. Their rice bowls are great (dolsot bibimbap and ogingeo bibimbap). The seafood pancakes are really good and so is the kalbi. They have many different kinds of soups as well as stir fry dishes. It is a small family run business that serves good homeade style Korean food and mom is always in the kitchen. It's the best Koren food in B/CS, hands down.
rhoswen
AG
Disagree. I prefer mong chon exponentially more.
studioone

so i used to eat sushi at that place near the old albersons on university... Haiku...

they had the seafood pizza... but they also served little bowls of stuff that came with the meal...bout 5-7 bowls of random stuff.. i never learned the name of it, so does anyone know what these little bowls are called?
Yuccadoo
quote:

so i used to eat sushi at that place near the old albersons on university... Haiku...

they had the seafood pizza... but they also served little bowls of stuff that came with the meal...bout 5-7 bowls of random stuff.. i never learned the name of it, so does anyone know what these little bowls are called?

Are you referring to Kimchi?
rhoswen
AG
Kimchi might be one of the things served in the bowls. The bowls collectively are called "banchan."
MiMi
S
Ohana Korean Grill in College Station serves the 4-5 small bowls of side dishes with your meal, including Kimchi. They are delicious!
studioone
yeah.. banchan.. i thought it was pam chang or something... is this something u request or does it come with a meal? There was a guy who knew my wife and i at haiku and would bring us odd stuff every once in a while with the meal... like uni sashimi, some sake, ban chan, etc just cause he knew i liked weird food... and tasty weird food..

and weird means it cant be found at any restaurant in b/cs without special ordering or something...

i'll eat anything (at least once) except things that involve thinking and/or reproduction..

FlyRod
Fwiw Chef Tai (who is Korean) speaks highly of Ohana. Or at least he did several years ago when I asked him for recommendations.

Out of curiosity, studio, was the gentleman at Haiku "James," per chance?
studioone
nah.. it was a different name.. his name was Fang.
dexconor
unfortunately, no, as a Korean

@FlyRod Chef Tai and/or his wife comes to Ohana often, before owner changed.
PS3D
It was pretty good the first time I tried it, but then I read reviews on Yelp about how they dramatically reduced the menu and added sushi (probably change of ownership). Not sure how it is now.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.