Newer Brown Ford truck almost caused massive wreck

2,461 Views | 14 Replies | Last: 8 yr ago by SanAntoneAg
veritas47
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Heads up in CS on Hwy 6. I just witnessed an idiot in a newer brown Ford truck force another vehicle onto the shoulder on the southbound access road between Briarcrest and University so he could get onto the Bypass. No blinker or anything.

I thought about calling the police but I didn't get his license plate number.
redd38
AG
Idiot in a newer Ford truck narrows it down to about 10,000 people.
BCStalk
Sorry I was sending a tweet
montegobay
I've been wondering when a bad accident was going to happen on the feeder road. There is a third lane and then all of a sudden, it disappears. There is no signage or anything. I have a feeling that played a role!
armymom
It doesn't help that the third lanes ends at the top of hill either!
fcag
AG
I wish they would paint large white arrows in that lane indicating that the lane is ending. I see people all the time merge left into that lane thinking it will eventual be the on ramp, only to have the car that was behind them race forward to block them from getting back over.
Oogway
The white arrows are an excellent idea. Even if there is/isn't a merging sign there, I like it when the traffic people use those arrows.
jon gruden is intelligent
It's called living in a college town. I love College Station, but ****, the driving on average there is piss poor.
malibu9in1
Sorry I dropped my dosxx all on the floor of my new ford. Won't happen again
OnlyANobody
A "left lane ends, merge right" sign would be helpful. Now,we don't know whether to move to the left lane to get on the highway or not. And as someone mentioned, you move left only to find out that the lane ends and people try to prevent you from getting back right when it was an honest mistake.
Tailgate88
AG
I am just surprised the OP starred s thread about this because I see stuff like this all the time. Between kids texting and soccer moms putting on make-up - watch out!
rhoswen
AG
Are we doing this now? Starting a thread every time we see a dangerous idiot on the road?
Frio Cielo
I saw a guy driving down Texas Avenue in College Station drinking a cup of coffee. Watch out.

Wait a minute. Now that's funny, it was me and I was looking in the rear view mirror!

Scruffy
AG
quote:
Are we doing this now? Starting a thread every time we see a dangerous idiot on the road?

You must be new to this board.
AC Hopper
S
CSPD & Bryan PD obvious lack the resources (or interest) to patrol bypass 6.
DPS sure is no where to be found.
Oh, wait ... Highway Patrol scouts are in the RG Valley chasing Mexicans!
SanAntoneAg
AG
Seems like several Ags recognize a problem.

Next step: notify, in writing, the City, mayor and city council members to affect a solution.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.