went to Razzoo's for the first time tonight. gotta admit...

7,967 Views | 41 Replies | Last: 8 yr ago by CS78
FlyRod
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Ok, if they have redfish, and the raw oysters are as good as people say they are, then I'll give them another shot.

Love raw oysters, and the ones I've had at the high end places like Republic and Veritas have been pretty disappointing (and expensive).
Cancelled
AG
I'm probably wrong, but I thought redfish was a game fish now and could not be commercially harvested. I understood all redfish in restaurants were farmed.
FlyRod
No, that's correct, most are farm-raised. Which unlike some other fish, does not appear to affect their quality.
Picadillo
Have tried; food is very good, but like all too many restaurants these days, way too loud. Cannot have a conversation.
Cancelled
AG
quote:
No, that's correct, most are farm-raised. Which unlike some other fish, does not appear to affect their quality.

I agree. I can only do catfish and steelhead farm raised. That Atlantic salmon is disgusting.
mAgnoliAg
AG
quote:
Just got back from a first trip to Razoos. Service was good. Price was good. Food was good but had a mostly generic "cajun spicy" taste across the board like one seasoning mix is being used for everything. Raw oysters were great and obviously very fresh. Gumbo was decent but 95% sure it is made with Tony Chacheres instant roux and brown gravy mix. Drinks tasted good but were a touch weak. Probly give it another try next time I'm after raw oysters and try something else on the menu.

This description would not lead me to calling the food "good." Yes I think you're correct on the gumbo. It was awful. I may give it another try for oysters. Definitely not the main Cajun dishes as they're pretty bad.
eye3guy
AG
Great seafood gumbo and fried catfish. Reasonable prices. Our waiter was great. We will be back.
CS78
quote:

This description would not lead me to calling the food "good."

Decent would probably be a better overall description. Of course I'm from Beauregard Parish, so if it doesn't have cat squirrel heads in it, it's just not gumbo.
Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.