went to Razzoo's for the first time tonight. gotta admit...

7,970 Views | 41 Replies | Last: 8 yr ago by CS78
eloc62
How long do you want to ignore this user?
the food was really good for a cajun restaurant in C.S. better than i expected. everyone in our party of 9 enjoyed their meal. i will go back.
Cancelled
AG
it's pretty good. my only complaint was the waitress was one of those "I'm going to sit down and make our interaction really informal" types. i don't like that.
Eliminatus
AG
quote:
it's pretty good. my only complaint was the waitress was one of those "I'm going to sit down and make our interaction really informal" types. i don't like that.
They must know at all times their place in the world, and that is serving me and all of my whims! Flogging needs to come back as a punishment for all of these upstart peasants!

THEY THINK THEY ARE PEOPLE!

Thanks Obama
techno-ag
AG
I agree, it's pretty good.
halibut sinclair
AC Hopper
S
I'm with queso1 above.
That kind of behavior by the waitstaff is BS.
I won't be going no matter how good the food.
halibut sinclair
quote:
I'm with queso1 above.
We've been a few times and no waitstaff has done that.
Cancelled
AG
I know you're joking, but I like a certain type of waitstaff. I don't mind talking and enjoying their company, but I don't like the sit down at the table bit.
mazag08
AG
You can order a fried oyster po boy. It's off menu. Was very good.
momlaw
AG
Are the fried oysters with a corn meal crust?
Bunk Moreland
Good stuff. I've been to razoos before they came to CS so I knew what to expect, but this location is particularly good. The owner/gm is awesome. She's so nice and will not let you go without rectifying the problem should one occur.
eloc62
quote:
Dang, wish i'd have known that. i would have ordered one. i thought it a little strange there were no fried oysters on the menu. i should have asked.
gopitt
It's very good and very reasonably priced.
Not much for the dcor but that's another subject.
GiveEmHellBill
AG
quote:
I'm with queso1 above.
Have you never been and are making your decision based on a total stranger's experience? Wow.

BTW, I've been a few times and have never had that happen to me.
Cancelled
AG
Yeah, writing of the whole restaurant because of my one time incident is a bit extreme. It was one waitress. I didn't see everyone doing it. I'll certainly head back.
jja79
AG
quote:
quote:
Dang, wish i'd have known that. i would have ordered one. i thought it a little strange there were no fried oysters on the menu. i should have asked.
Why would a place touting itself as Cajun not have oysters on the menu?
AggiePhil
AG
They have raw oysters on the menu but not fried oysters. I found that odd too. Good to hear they'll still make them though.
FlyRod
quote:
Why would a place touting itself as Cajun not have oysters on the menu?

Come on...they have tilapia and salmon on the menu...those traditional fish beloved by Cajuns for generations.
jja79
AG
When I have seafood I want it to be the real deal. Fresh water catfish.
GiveEmHellBill
AG
I've had fried oysters there. It's on the Jaws Seafood Platter (which serves 4 but we found out you can get a half size which is still a ton of food.).

I'm sure they offer it in other ways if you ask.
momlaw
AG
Bill, were they "chicken fried" or a cornmeal crust?

thanks
Jennico
Their watermelon ice tea is amazing!!!!!
eloc62
quote:
Bill, were they "chicken fried" or a cornmeal crust?

thanks
who does "chicken fried oysters"? hopefully no one. cornmeal is the only way.
FlyRod
Republic does what it calls "chicken fried oysters" and they are fantastic. Mostly because there not in fact what most people think of when they see the phrase "chicken fried."
CS78
Just got back from a first trip to Razoos. Service was good. Price was good. Food was good but had a mostly generic "cajun spicy" taste across the board like one seasoning mix is being used for everything. Raw oysters were great and obviously very fresh. Gumbo was decent but 95% sure it is made with Tony Chacheres instant roux and brown gravy mix. Drinks tasted good but were a touch weak. Probly give it another try next time I'm after raw oysters and try something else on the menu.
momlaw
AG
Chicken friend is a wheat flour based crust.

I am definitely a cornmeal gal for oysters and shrimp with the exception of my late aunt who fried shrimp with a crushed saltine cracker crust. Maybe it was that she and Uncle Ed had actually caught and froze the shrimp, but her fried shrimp were heaven on earth.... and it has been 40 years since I've had them.
Cancelled
AG
Ughh. Tilapia and what is it..basa? Two fish that restaurants think taste good because they have no taste. "Hey, let's put some mango salsa on it!".

Oh. And Atlantic salmon (farmed of course).
Broncos
The ribs might be the best in town. Different and a ton of meat. Will definitely be getting them again.

The grilled oysters are also amazing.
FlyRod
Queso, glad I'm not the only one who walks into a *Cajun* restaurant and expects to see redfish on the menu.
mAgnoliAg
AG
I went Friday and I hated it. The etouffe was the only tolerable thing. I had one bite of gumbo and asked for a box so I could bring it home to my roommates
techno-ag
AG
quote:
Queso, glad I'm not the only one who walks into a *Cajun* restaurant and expects to see redfish on the menu.
Last time I was in a Coupland's in La., they only had redfish as a catch of the day. They had sold out, too. I think that's beyond the price point of Razoo's target market. You'll enjoy Pappadeaux's if they ever open here. They'll offer redfish and other fresh seafood options. Of course, you'll be paying about three times what you would at Razoo's...
FlyRod
I agree it's probably above Razzoo's price point. Swamp Tales has it, and it's very reasonably priced, so no need to wait for Pappadeaux.
MosesHallRAB83
AG
Don't forget flounder.
techno-ag
AG
NM, I stand corrected. Somebody told me Razoos does have redfish right now, but only in season.
halibut sinclair
Page 1 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.