Question on Medians on Texas Ave.

1,725 Views | 10 Replies | Last: 8 yr ago by gutmancometh
tb9665
How long do you want to ignore this user?
tb9665
Just wondering. Does anyone knows if the city of Bryan has plans to put in medians on Texas Ave?
agnerd
AG
Eagle Article
quote:
An initial phase of work from the state and the city could begin within the next three years, Dunn said, with improvements such as landscaping and treatments along the median and each side of the road. However, the entire eight-mile stretch will have to be done over several years, and could take decades to complete, Dunn said.
Yes, the plan is to make it look similar to College Station's side, but that's just a plan right now. Long way away from making a final determination.
techno-ag
AG
I think the priority is or should be moving the electric poles off Texas Ave. in Bryan.
FlyRod
Ornlu
AG
For what its worth, there is a plan to put a median on every TxDOT road in every city in the state. William J Bryan/Boonville, Highway 30, George Bush, Peach Creek Road, Highway 21, etc. Every last one of them. They'll do all of them "as funding becomes available". Only thing different between them is construction schedule...
michellecan
Well said Techno
Ornlu
AG
quote:
I think the priority is or should be moving the electric poles off Texas Ave. in Bryan.
I don't understand the "need" for this, but your opinion is pretty common. Can you explain why you want all electric lines moved underground?
Rexter
The same as the "need" for medians.....aesthetics. Drive Tx Ave from south CS to north Bryan and notice the difference.
Kitten With A Whip
quote:
quote:
I don't understand the "need" for this, but your opinion is pretty common. Can you explain why you want all electric lines moved underground?
Because they are hideous looking and underground electric lines require far less maintenance.
halibut sinclair
quote:
Well said Techno
gutmancometh
quote:
quote:
Keeps squirrels and birds from causing power outages, safer for the public as there are no longer "live" power lines that could possibly be on the ground, a lot more poles are hit by vehicles than underground transformers due to the ease of better placement locations, looks a heck of a lot better, less weather vulnerability, etc...
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.