How can you get off of these worthless politicians mailing list?

7,860 Views | 61 Replies | Last: 8 yr ago by DayTrip
Oogway
How long do you want to ignore this user?
I know these candidates are busy (aren't we all?) and no offense to the local printers, but I would be a heckuva lot more impressed if Mr. Fields or Mr. Raney took some of that $14,000-16,000 they spent toward mailings, bought some trees, grabbed a shovel and started planting in areas the communities they serve have identified as needing some green of the natural kind. Sweat equity in your community builds relationships that go beyond talking points on a mailer.
DeckMe80
quote:
Pardon me while I completely derail this thread... But what exactly has Ted Cruz done?
He fomented a senseless shutdown of the federal government that cost us $20 billion. I wouldn't think a true conservative with his head on straight would do that, or support that.

As far as Jess Fields' daily garbage in my mailbox, I have considered letting several days' worth "fall " out of my mailbox while getting my other mail, then calling the City of Bryan and filing a littering complaint.
BlueMiles
AG
The SuddenLink propaganda bothers me more than the campaign fliers. At least there is an end to the political stuff, for the most part, once the election is over.
AgsWin2011
AG
I haven't received a single thing in the mail from any of these campaigners.

I just wish I could get the likes of Capitol One and Discover to quit sending me credit card offers in the mail.
The Original AG 76
AG
quote:
I haven't received a single thing in the mail from any of these campaigners.

I just wish I could get the likes of Capitol One and Discover to quit sending me credit card offers in the mail.
Ok ..here is what WORKS.. and it does take a little work but it is FUN.
Those " pre-approved" CC's and those affinity checks are very dangerous pieces of mail since they are prime targets for thieves who can steal them from you mailbox and use them. They should be outlawed but so far...

Here is what I have done.
Start off by just saving all you junk mail and then stuff it ALL, to the brim, along with the torn up application/checks into the POSTAGE PAID envelope and send it all back. They have to pay the postage AND , best of all, it clogs up their system. Do this every time.. The will know who you are since the envelope is barcoded to you..you WANT them to know who sent the pac-o-crap.
NEXT: and this is where a little work is needed. Go pick up a BRICK..plain ordinary BRICK and wrap it in butcher paper, all nice and pretty like a present. Use the POSTAGE PAID envelop front as a mailing sticker and mail the damn thing to them. The WILL be charged for a nice pretty penny and it WILL get their attention.
I've had ALL of the CC pukes call me and complain. BUT they will do their best to take you off the list.
If a few million of us do this we all win.
AC Hopper
S

quote:
Pardon me while I completely derail this thread... But what exactly has Ted Cruz done?

Other than shutting down the Federal government and pulling an asinine filibuster, absolutely nothing!
w8liftr
I think your understanding of the enumerated powers of our three branches of government is lacking. No Senator or Congressman has the power to shut down the government. The only person with that power resides in a large white house with snipers on the roof.

The government shutdown taught us that we can really function quite successfully without the majority of the non-essential portions of the federal government, yet we keep funding them (and increasing their funding annually).
FlyRod
Since you're using the winky face, I'll assume you're not serious. Standard & Poor's documented that it took $24 billion out of the economy. Maybe you didn't feel this personally, but somehow I suspect it was not a minor thing. Even Rand Paul said it was a bad idea.
veritas47
Wasn't it Obama who closed the overlooks, memorials, etc in an attempt to make ordinary Americans suffer because Congress wouldn't obey his edicts?

Additionally, didn't Obama shut down the government by refusing to sign (i.e. pocket veto) the continuing resolution sent to him because it didn't fund his pet projects (I can't recall if it was Obamacare or planned parenthood or something like that)?
BQ_90
AG
Well the Jess Fields crew decided to make it worse, not onky do the send me crap I don't want in my mail every day they decide to knock on my door to pump Fields in the middle of the basketball game today.

I early voted and didn't vote for either one, I wish now I had voted for Rainey out of spite.

So disappointed in the selection of terrible candidates in this election
Bryanisbest
AG
All you people who ***** and moan about having to receive and promptly throw away a little junk mail: GET A LIFE!
BQ_90
AG
quote:
All you people who ***** and moan about having to receive and promptly throw away a little junk mail: GET A LIFE!
Post your address and I'll start putting it all in your mailbox. When you get 10 pieces in one day, several that are duplicates, it's not a little junk mail.
75AG
AG
quote:
quote:
Post your address and I'll start putting it all in your mailbox. When you get 10 pieces in one day, several that are duplicates, it's not a little junk mail.
Actually, it IS just a little bit of junk mail. You get it for about three weeks, every two years.
BQ_90
AG
Three weeks? it's been coming weekly since the first of the year and it'll keep coming up until November.
75AG
AG
quote:
Three weeks? it's been coming weekly since the first of the year and it'll keep coming up until November.
Then vote in the Democratic primary tomorrow. You'll be off everyone's mailing list.
funkymonkey
AG
The sad thing is that we subsidize USPS essentially funding all types of spam including political spam. I get my information online. If I get two pieces of mail from a candidate in a week then they can screw off. If I get one piece of mail from a candidate for weeks on end then the candidate can screw off. I'm tired of their spam and then milking tax payers who subsidize their spam.
75AG
AG
quote:
The sad thing is that we subsidize USPS essentially funding all types of spam including political spam. I get my information online. If I get two pieces of mail from a candidate in a week then they can screw off. If I get one piece of mail from a candidate for weeks on end then the candidate can screw off. I'm tired of their spam and then milking tax payers who subsidize their spam.
You do understand that this political "spam" is paid by the candidates' campaigns, and not public dollars?
funkymonkey
AG
quote:
quote:
You do understand that this political "spam" is paid by the candidates' campaigns, and not public dollars?

75AG
AG
quote:
quote:
quote:

What's funny about that?
funkymonkey
AG
http://fortune.com/2015/03/27/us-postal-service/

I realize they pay for postage. It's just not the real cost of the service which is why USPS can't turn a profit and needs to be subsidized by taxpayers
75AG
AG
My bad. I thought we were talking about the designing, printing, and cost of postage for these mailings. I didn't realize this thread had spilled over into a discussion on the funding of the USPS.
funkymonkey
AG
My bad. I think it just adds to the absurdity of it all. 90% of my mail is spam. Spam I'd expect to significantly decrease if mailers paid the real cost of delivery. When I get 600 mailers from guys telling me how they are going to lower taxes and do free market stuff it annoys me having received it through a terrible organization like USPS.
75AG
AG
Agree!
curry97
AG
I have received only one single piece of political mailing this year. Maybe my mailman is taking them all.
The Original AG 76
AG
quote:
My bad. I think it just adds to the absurdity of it all. 90% of my mail is spam. Spam I'd expect to significantly decrease if mailers paid the real cost of delivery. When I get 600 mailers from guys telling me how they are going to lower taxes and do free market stuff it annoys me having received it through a terrible organization like USPS.

I'm afraid it's just the opposite. Supposedly it is bulk mail that actually carries the Post Office. They claim that without Bulk , which most political campaigns use, we would have to subsidize the USPS even more.
funkymonkey
AG
quote:
quote:

I'm afraid it's just the opposite. Supposedly it is bulk mail that actually carries the Post Office. They claim that without Bulk , which most political campaigns use, we would have to subsidize the USPS even more.

True and false. They have a massive investment in infrastructure and labor and bulk mailers help them realize efficiencies of scale. If you ended mass mailers they'd probably lose more money. Either way though they aren't making money so you're still subsidizing spam.

we shouldn't subsidize USPS at all. It should fail if their business model can't support its costs.

politicians like every other slimy spammer like their subsidized service that most every American hates.
BQ_90
AG
Spam mail is addressed to resident this stuff is addressed to me. I should have the right to block that
DayTrip
I'm just gonna leave this one here:

The Junk Mail Episode
Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.