I hate United

3,519 Views | 18 Replies | Last: 8 yr ago by techno-ag
75AG
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
They're doing away with the early morning flight and replacing with a 1 p.m. and a 7:45 p.m. flight to IAH. They might as well just shut down their CLL operations.
Rapier108
Yep, if there isn't an early flight, there isn't much reason for anyone to fly to Houston. Everyone knew service which was previously Continental was going to go to hell with United.

At least so far AA hasn't ditched their early morning flight.
biobioprof
I wonder how much the ground shuttle to IAH has affected their business out of CLL
AggieBaseball06
AG
Stupid question but one would think that if it were constantly full, they wouldn't cancel it, right?

So if they are cancelling it, the conclusion I would draw is that there isn't as much of a demand for it as people think.
75AG
AG
I fly out of CLL at least once a week. The 545 a.m. flight is nearly always full.
AgFan1999
AG
Don't you dare introduce logic!

I agree with AggieBaseball on this one - makes sense to fly two full planes rather than 3 partially full ones.

pattybrhg
It's not actually that bad. It's worse. They only have the 7:45 on weekends and nothing else.
AgFan1999
AG
That makes sense.
FlyRod
Ugh. I use those morning flights a lot. So much for all the rumors about an increase in both airlines and flights at Easterwood.

At least the Ground Shuttle still operates, but now that will fill up months in advance, vs. weeks.
Rapier108
Maybe we'll still get that Delta flight to ATL.

Yeah... right.
Expert Analysis
AG
it's really crap. the lack of united flights in and out of CLL was already a pain. now it's not really even an option. at least AUS and IAH are not far.
fanof3.88
Expand Coulter Field.
SumAggie
quote:
Ugh. I use those morning flights a lot. So much for all the rumors about an increase in both airlines and flights at Easterwood.

At least the Ground Shuttle still operates, but now that will fill up months in advance, vs. weeks.
the esteemed Chancellor has supposedly fixed all those problems for us......
AgTrip
I purposely don't book the first flight because too many times it's the one that's cancelled when a crew comes in late the night before and they haven't had their required "ground time" before their flight. That's what frustrates me. Then you have to race to IAH in the car and fight that traffic to make your connecting flight!
Yuccadoo
I found it is just easier to make the 75 minute run to Austin by auto to fly to any destination.
ZweiackerHolmes
quote:
I found it is just easier to make the 75 minute run to Austin by auto to fly to any destination.
How are you getting to Austin that fast? What route?
rhoswen
AG
I don't remember it taking much longer than that either, but it's been awhile.
75AG
AG
quote:
quote:
How are you getting to Austin that fast? What route?
They must live in Giddings.
I live by Easterwood Airport. It is less than 100 miles door to door. Drive 80 mph on Hwy 21 and you make it in 70-75 minutes. Also, you will get passed on the way.
techno-ag
AG
quote:
I live by Easterwood Airport. It is less than 100 miles door to door. Drive 80 mph on Hwy 21 and you make it in 70-75 minutes. Also, you will get passed on the way.
It's a bit of an exaggeration, IMO. I drive to Austin and SA a lot via 21. The highway patrol keeps a steady eye on 21. That said, the limit is 75 until Lee Co., and even then you can get by doing 73 or so without a second look. Bastrop is still a slowdown, and the limit on 71 is mostly 65 to the airport, although it's often ignored and you can speed along in a group at 70 plus at least until the traffic lights get you. Realistically, I give myself two hours to get to the Austin airport, even with speeding. If there's a wreck somewhere along the way, you'll be glad you budgeted in some extra time.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.