Lasik Recommendations?

3,394 Views | 17 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by Gasbandit
Whachutalnbout Willys
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Recently moved back to College Station and am thinking of getting Lasik. Any recommendation on local Lasik docs? Thanks!
iisanaggie
AG
Terry Perkins
justalocal
+1 for Terry Perkins
classicdoug
AG
My wife was turned away by the Texas Regional Eye Center about a month ago. They told her she wasn't a candidate for Lasik. We went to the Mann Eye Center in Katy for a second opinion. The differences in the evaluation was extremely different at the Mann Center. She went through 5 different machines at Mann and 2 at Texas Regional to evaluate her candidacy plus other tests. The procedure ended up being quick and easy. I highly recommend Lasik either way.
gigemags03
AG
Dr. Perkins did a great job for my husband!
redd38
AG
Any of you Perkins people have any side effects? (Dryness, night halos, etc)
SARATOGA
i think dryness is a common LASIK side effect.

Don't have night halos, not sure what that is. Any issues I have are caused by dry/tired eyes and can be remedied with drops.

Having to use eyedrops occasionally and have great vision is far better than glasses or contacts.
2007fightintexasaggie
AG
Dr. Moore with International Eye Care. You will have to travel to Houston for the actual procedure but pre and post-op visits all take place in CS. Great doctors. I've referred a few friends over there and no complaints.
k-bear
AG
Costco.
Rexter
Wife and I both had ours done done by Dr Maddox at International. Everything but the procedure was done in CS. The wife is meh about hers due to getting it done for distance but needing close for work. I couldn't be happier with mine. Got it for distance but close is fine if book/phone is at least 12" away. I got to drop the restriction on my license and DOT card. My left eye was 20/400 and now is 20/20. Right went from 20/40 to 20/20.
jbr
AG
Had mine done in Sept of 14 with at Texas Regional Eye...

Dr. Riggs....

Pre
Left 20/400
Right 20/200

Now 20/20
rc_cat
Wondering the age range for those of you who've had Lasik (your age at surgery time) = Over 20? Over 30? Over 40? Over 50? I'd love to have it, but I think I missed the boat age-wise.
RCH2030
Dr. Bill Riggs!
medic1969p
I had mine done at LASIK vision Institute in Houston 14 years ago. I had my eye exam 2 months ago and I am still seeing 20/20. I was very nearsighted with astigmatism. -5.75 and -6.25. I couldn't even see the big E on the chart without correction. One of the best thing I've ever done.
jbr
AG
mid 40's
dubi
AG
quote:
Wondering the age range for those of you who've had Lasik (your age at surgery time) = Over 20? Over 30? Over 40? Over 50? I'd love to have it, but I think I missed the boat age-wise.
My dad got his lasik at 65! You probably have not missed the boat.
Whachutalnbout Willys
AG
Thanks for the feedback! I have a consultation with Dr. Perkins next week.
Ronald_Ragin
AG
Quick bump for anyone thinking of getting LASIK. Dr. Riggs at Texas Regional Eye Center was fantastic! I wish I would have done it 10 years ago... highly recommend the facility if anyone is considering the procedure.
Gasbandit
I also got my LASIK done at Texas Regional Eye center around 7 or 8 years ago, and am very happy with it. Yeah, my eyes get dry, but that's just gonna happen no matter what you do.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.