Looking for Grief Counselor

3,247 Views | 15 Replies | Last: 8 yr ago by bigh281
littlehawk
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Does anyone here have any recommendations for a grief/bereavement counselor? It seems appointments are running 2-3 weeks out and I'm in a crisis situation and need someone asap. Any suggestions and any location is ok at this point would be appreciated.
MiMi
S
Maybe someone at Hospice Brazos Valley?

Bereavement Support
littlehawk
Thank you!
armymom
Highly recommend HBV! Lost my mother there last year and they still call me every few months to check on me! It's a great place!
littlehawk
Thanks for the replies. I will be on the phone with them first thing in the morning and hope and pray they can get me through this. Thanks again.
carpe vinum
AG
If it's an emergency situation call the PDs and see if you can talk to one of theirs. They have Crisis Intervention trained people on staff with several different areas of expertise.
littlehawk
Thank you, my Dr gave me a rx to help me try to sleep so I'm going to take 1 of those and try to make it through the night but if I can't, I may resort to that. Thanks again for all of the replies, they are much appreciated.
SoTheySay
S
Check griefshare.org for groups. They're free too.
bigh281
Christ UMC has a Guidance counselor program called the Stephen Ministry. Check out their info:

http://www.christ-umc.org/connect/ministries/care/12/

Or you can call the pastor on call at (979) 450-5101

Wishing you the best.
littlehawk
Thanks for all of the replies and for giving me some great options when I was lost where to turn next.
mwm
I will lift you in prayer. God is the great Comforter.
alisoncan
I HIGHLY recommend Gary Roe at Hospice Brazos Valley...
If you're really struggling and need some more immediate help, you can walk into Rock Prairie Behavioral Health for a free assessment by a Master's level clinician, available without an appt 24/7. They will guide you as to what level of care might be best, and give you outpatient recommendations that accept your insurance if none of their programs fit your needs.

Best of luck-- it is a hard road, but you are not alone!
fanof3.88
[Posts such as yours require elaboration on this board. -Staff]
Vulcan
The Mending Hearts Grief Center is a part of The Hope Center, a Missions Outreach Ministry of Christ United Methodist Church. They offer many services such as grief support groups, divorce care, training & outreach, along with individual counseling. Please see our website for more information. Website: http://mendingheartsgriefcenter.org/
TXAG4EVR
AG
Praying for you, LittleHawk. Praying for peace and rest and that you will find resources that will provide the support you need during this time of acute suffering.

I am part of the Stephen Ministry team at Christ UMC. We are NOT counselors, but we are trained listeners. We maintain confidentiality. We will meet with you and listen without judging. We will pray with you, if you would like. Our goal is to extend the love of Christ to people who are in need of a caring listener.

The contact information listed in the post above is valid.

Additionally, one of the pastors at Christ UMC is a trained counselor. He generally carries the Pastor on Call phone.

Finally, Stephen Ministry teams are also present at First United Methodist in Bryan and A&M Methodist in College Station.
Sinuso
AG
IF you're like me and didn't want to hear about how my loss was "God's will" and it would all go away by magic - you need to try Beth Roe. Her office is off Wellborn Rd. behind the gas station where MI Cocina is.
bigh281
FYI- the Christ UMC Stephen Ministry doesn't use magic. Just wanted to clear that up
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.