Cotton Patch in College Station

2,293 Views | 7 Replies | Last: 8 yr ago by AgDaddy08-11
Science Denier
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
1. Is it any good?
2. Is their rib eye good?
3. Is there a difference between the one in Bryan and College Station?
4. What is your favorite dish there that's NOT chicken fried steak?
5. anything else I should know?
techno-ag
AG
The Cotton Patch in Bryan is much better.
texasdaughter
1) meh
2) never had it
3) big difference. Bryan one is much better.
4) Chicken fried chicken
5) They don't always bring out corn bread with the rolls but you can always ask for some
mazag08
AG
1. Is it any good?

Nothing to win any awards. But above average quality, very consistent, good variety, and never too busy.

2. Is their rib eye good?

Haven't had it.

3. Is there a difference between the one in Bryan and College Station?

One in Bryan has a small bar area with tv's and feels more like a legit restaurant. Just my opinion. Great place during parents weekend, football games, ring day, etc.

4. What is your favorite dish there that's NOT chicken fried steak?

Fried shrimp and catfish with side of broccoli. California turkey club is a good item for lunch.

5. anything else I should know?

The only chain that's a better value for American comfort food is probably Cheddars. I usually choose cotton patch to avoid waiting.
dgonzo99
Can only speak for the one in Bryan. I haven't been to the one in CS in over 10 years. The Bryan CP is only about 10 minutes away from home. I think they have really good CFS and sides. Stay away from Chedders if you ever want a good chicken fried steak. The one at Chedders taste like a Swanson microwave dinner.
Broncos
We pick it up to go every once in a while. Always quick, friendly service.

Food is pretty good and consistent.
Inca
AG
I love their salads and the rolls. The Strawberry Pecan salad (with grilled chicken) is really, really good.
fanof3.88
I also can only speak for the Bryan CP. This is our go to place when we go out to eat and have always loved it. Of course the CFS is good but lots of other goodies too. Steak is good, fried and grilled shrimp, grilled fish. Homestyle atmosphere and good service. Prices good too.
AgDaddy08-11
S
This is our go to place to eat on game day. One of my favorite menu items is the Cesar salad with salmon. When I don't feel like 'being good' it the CFS for sure. and yes, this one is the better of the two (imo).
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.