College Station ENT for ear tubes and adenoid removal

1,400 Views | 8 Replies | Last: 8 yr ago by KidDoc
monarch7
How long do you want to ignore this user?
This procedure has been recommended for our toddler. Nervous parents looking for an excellent doctor. Thanks in advance.
Rapier108
Thomas Salzer at St. Joseph Central Texas ENT. Always had a good experience with him. My dad also saw him before moving to Austin.
Bearkat272
Dejong @ Texas ENT - excellent work with same surgery for our little one.
Ribbed Paultz
See Dr. de Jong. He's the only one in town who has done a pediatric fellowship in ENT, so his specialty is children.
wasntme
Dr. De Jong A++++
07bluebonnet
Troy Simon with Scott and White did my son's ear tubes and adenoid removal and we were very happy with him and his staff.

http://www.sw.org/Dr-Troy-D-Simon
Sweet Kitten Feet
S
Another for De Jong
Tailgate88
AG
De Jong. Did tubes on one kid, tubes & adenoids on another, and a complicated surgery on my wife. Very competent and great bedside manor.
SARATOGA
I would recommend Dr. DeJong as well.

His bedside manner is excellent. You may wait for him to be seen, but that is because he is very busy, and he doesn't rush through appointments. He always takes time to answer all your questions, no matter how ridiculous. He is very professional and skilled in his job, and literally will do everything possible to fix an issue. He has responded to weekend and after hours calls, and is patient and kind.

We had an extremely difficult case of ear infections, and all the typically culpable causes were one by one ruled out.

We did tubes. DeJong was excellent in his pre and post op care

We tried acid reflux treatments

We tried milk allergy treatments and diet, sprays, pills, etc.

We eventually did adenoids and switched the material of the tubes, again he was excellent in his pre and post op care

Basically the kiddo just gets ear infections that result in a mucus discharge from the ear. It can be cleared by Ciprodex best (we tried lot of types of drops). DeJong said that he would eventually grow out of it.

I'm not trying to scare you off. But last year we probably met with DeJong 20-25 times. He was patient, kind and professional even though we diagnostically had reached the end of the road. I was comfortable that he had done everything he could.

(Haven't had an ear infection in 3 weeks and counting)

Dr. DeJong is a very good physician.

KidDoc
AG
I have had good interactions with the Salzer group(Schmidt, Wright, and Salzer) and Andrew Dejung. Both are very capable of performing a surgery that for them is routine and daily.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.