RP Lee?

3,767 Views | 20 Replies | Last: 8 yr ago by JeepWaveEarl
Big_Worm
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I heard their ad on the radio a while back and I was going to call and see about getting them out to the house to compare their service to some of the local competition, BUT I heard from a neighbor that they were selling, or going out of business? Has anyone heard that?? Just curious because I don't start doing business with them and get dropped down the road.

cslifer
The Lees are good personal friends of mine, not even close to going anywhere. Talking to them the other day they mentioned that they had recently added several employees and business is booming.
chrisfield
Sponsor
AG
Randy and Penny's (RP Lee) son Dusty is taking over operations. Dusty has been part of their team for years and is a great guy who will make his parents proud. Call them, you won't find nicer folks.
Big_Worm
AG
Good stuff... Thanks for the insight.
SoTheySay
S
Yes, what chrisfield said. I'm a fan of the Lee family and their service.
Aggie
AG

Goat Man
AG
Thumbs up for RP Lee!
The Anchor
AG
I've used them for a couple of years now. I've had nothing but great experiences.
Kitten With A Whip
Green Magic has a far superior product.
cslifer
Superior product? In reality aren't they all putting out pretty much the same product?
Kitten With A Whip
Not at all. Try it and see for yourself.
mazag08
AG
Can't recommend them enough!
eye3guy
AG
Highly recommend R.P.Lee Pest Control. I've used them for over 10 years. No problems. Great people, including their tech folks.
angus55
I used RP Lee for my termite inspection when we bought our new house and was so impressed I switched to them. Great customer service. I've used Binford in the past and had no issues with them. They also do a great job. Also heard good things about EcoZapp as well. We have lots of great local options here.
chrisfield
Sponsor
AG
Started an account to post that? Doesn't seem fishy at all.
cslifer
Exactly!!
75AG
AG
quote:
Started an account to post that? Doesn't seem fishy at all.
No kidding!
momlaw
AG
This whole thread seems fishy. Big_Worm is one of Eco Zapp's most ardant promoters.
Big_Worm
AG
Easy there. Like I said in the OP, I was thinking about comparing them to local competition. I didn't even bring up EcoZapp. Yes, I've used them in the past. I've used ABC as well. Sometimes I like to shop at more than one grocery store...

Did I miss something above?? Confused...
JeepWaveEarl
AG
Have used both RP Lee and Ecozapp in the past -- Josh was very sweet in rushing to put up lights on our house when our son was sick and we'd promised him Christmas Lights before he died...and you will not find a better family than the Lee's. That being said, this post makes Ecozapp's recent "sponsored" posts on Facebook make a whole lot more sense...not necessarily in a good way. I'm pretty out of the loop in the local happenings but as I look back in many ways I'm very disappointed in them now that this all makes sense... let me liken this to our current political landscape. I may appreciate Trump's record and success, but if he can't tell me what he will do and how he will do it successfully, only talks about the other people running and how bad they are, Trump has no credibility to me. I want Ecozapp to tell me WHY they're the best, not that they are just the best and the other guys suck because of something that should be celebrated but is now being used negatively.

That said, I am all for small businesses in the same industry ALL making it successfully...since when was it a bad thing to build a business and retain local authority but be recognized as a success and be backed by a larger company in terms of support and product volume discount? The Lee's have worked very hard to build a great business.... isn't that what we all hope for our businesses if we're in them for the long haul is to be recognized by someone who wants to eventually take it over when we get older?

(written assuming many things... again, not in the loop)

edit to fix a misspelled word.
EcoZapp.AC&Air.Purifiers
Since we're in political season, and a question was directed at me I'll jump in.

To me someone referring to themselves or their business as the best is similar to biker putting a 1%er patch on their arm. Once a biker puts in on, they don't let anyone take it away and must defend it thus making them a 1%er (fyi don't make someone with a 1%er patch mad and don't disrespect them in all seriousness).

So if one starts a business, any business, and wants to be the best and call themselves the best imho they need to make a very strong case. This means adapting and constantly improving in every way manageable. (best is obviously an opinion and I'm not saying we or anyone is perfect). However, if a customer calls for a minor issue we almost bend over backwards to get to them the same day or ASAP. another example, we also warranty most insects and cover the entire property, this is alot more work and does cost us more in product and labor (very very few companies offer this). Call us Saturday morning at 7 a.m. the phone will get answered if at all possible, even on Sunday afternoons. During Christmas light season we get calls after dark to change a light bulb and we run out there usually that night and change a light bulb or the next day asap (we put in ALOT of hours and try to make everyone happy, happy, happy). another example We got a call yesterday with an issue involving an ant mound behind a shower wall and they needed it taken care of if at all possible in 15 mins before they put the walls back up. I personally dropped everything and ran over there immediately.

So not saying we're perfect, and definitely wasn't when we started out, however I put in about 80 hrs a week to constantly strive for this goal. And quite frankly I would not invest 100% of everything and all this time to consider EcoZapp 2nd best (again there are about 20 great companies in this town to compete against, that have been here for alot longer than we have) which is a great reason we must strive to be the best, and I believe our growth has shown the results from this.

Coach always said that everyday you take a brake someone is working to pass you. - Mark Cuban says this alot as well- I like to think that we're the ppl Mr. Cuban is referring to...

So yay more pest control drama on texags i'll try and stay out of it unless someone has a question

P.S.
and I believe big worm is looking for a mosquito misting system, we name off a handful of companies that install those when ppl ask ( we don't install systems anymore) and alot of ppl have been asking lately due to the zika virus being found in Texas

And don't forget about the Home and Garden show THIS WEEKEND lots of local businesses will be at the expo for your viewing

JeepWaveEarl
AG
fair enough, Josh! I appreciate your post very much... it drives home my point. These are the things that I know you do that I, unfortunately, feel get lost with those "sponsored", often cryptic to those who aren't in "the know," statements on Facebook No doubt you've built a hell of a business... and being likened to Trump isn't bad, either, right??
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.