BVTM anchors

6,255 Views | 23 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by johnnyblaze36
JayMM_02
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I may have missed something; is Kristen Guilfoos on vacation?
Orlando Ayala Cant Read
AG
I think Karla Castillo should just host everything on kbtx.
Kbeauty63
AG
looked around on FB - seems she'll be anchoring the weekends for awhile. Not sure if that means a new BVTM crew
MiMi
S
Yes, there is a new BVTM crew now. They announced it on Monday at the start of the program. I thought Kristen may have left for another market. Glad to see she is still around.
mil393
Where have all the weather women gone? On the site, only the two men, Shel and Max are listed!
Post removed:
by user
MiMi
S
quote:
Where have all the weather women gone? On the site, only the two men, Shel and Max are listed!
Natalie Morales left a couple months ago. I believe she is in the Austin area. Crystal Ploem left recently too. There was another women (Kailey Carey) who left a while back to pursue acting but filled in recently since they are so short-handed.
dfphotos
if only they had Bob French
91_Aggie
AG
Dear Texags mods: Please create a "Seniors in Aggieland" forum so that the people who watch local news programs, want to talk about how they can't trust the weather forecast unless Bob French delivers it, and want to complain about their newspaper subscription not arriving can have a place to congregate and discuss their issues.

they can also discuss where to get their typewriters repaired, where to get their 35mm film developed, and how to program their VCRs to record the local news so they can watch it at a more reasonable hour than 10pm.
taxpreparer
AG

quote:
Dear Texags mods: Please create a "Seniors in Aggieland" forum so that the people who watch local news programs, want to talk about how they can't trust the weather forecast unless Bob French delivers it, and want to complain about their newspaper subscription not arriving can have a place to congregate and discuss their issues.

they can also discuss where to get their typewriters repaired, where to get their 35mm film developed, and how to program their VCRs to record the local news so they can watch it at a more reasonable hour than 10pm.
I agree! It will also give us olds a place to mock these youngsters who have no idea what the important things are in life.
***It's your money, not theIRS! (At least for a little while longer.)
FlyRod
quote:
I agree! It will also give us olds a place to mock these youngsters who have no idea what the obsolete things are in life.

FIFY.
taxpreparer
AG
Touche'!
***It's your money, not theIRS! (At least for a little while longer.)
halibut sinclair
quote:
So, a "91_Aggie" is probably pushing 50 and not too far away from joining the "Seniors in Aggieland" forum.
DontBeTriggered
I started watching KAGS because Bob French rocks and I'm still very young.
FlyRod
quote:
So, a "91_Aggie" is probably pushing 50 and not too far away from joining the "Seniors in Aggieland" forum.

Nope. 50 is the new 30!
AggiePirate
AG
quote:
quote:

Nope. 50 is the new 30!
Coming from a guy I imagine is pushing 70
Post removed:
by user
billionaire
I watch KBTX news only for a good laugh. Rusty Surrete's overly dramatic "now get this" or "listen to this" is a joke! It's his way of suggesting his opinion versus just reporting.
And if Karla Castillo could just get over herself and stop laughing at her own jokes and her over pronunciation of Spanish is ridiculous! She sounds so stupid all I can do is laugh.
Thank goodness for Daryl Bruffet and Shel Winkley... professional, yet good sense of humor... comfortable in their skin.
aggiegal99
You bumped a 3+ year old thread to say that? Weird.

[We have locked it for that reason. -Staff]
Crusader
I love KBTX and believe we in the Brazos Valley should be thankful for such a great team of young journalists. I have met several of them and they are polite and respectful and genuinely real people off the camera.

Particularly, Kathleen Witte and Rusty Surrette are great. Shel and Erica are as good if not better than Bob French ever was. Also, Kathleen Witte is the best in the business.

I do agree with the person who posted about Carla Castillo. She does laugh at her own "jokes" and overdoes her Spanish pronunciation to the point of nausea,

As for KAGS, they are pretty much amateur hour - OK, but can't hold a candle to KBTX.

Just my humble opinion ...
KidDoc
AG
Crusader said:

I love KBTX and believe we in the Brazos Valley should be thankful for such a great team of young journalists. I have met several of them and they are polite and respectful and genuinely real people off the camera.

Particularly, Kathleen Witte and Rusty Surrette are great. Shel and Erica are as good if not better than Bob French ever was. Also, Kathleen Witte is the best in the business.

I do agree with the person who posted about Carla Castillo. She does laugh at her own "jokes" and overdoes her Spanish pronunciation to the point of nausea,

As for KAGS, they are pretty much amateur hour - OK, but can't hold a candle to KBTX.

Just my humble opinion ...
I agree. I've been at some charity events and have been on the news with Kathleen specifically a few times and she makes it really easy. Very professional and personable.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
GiveEmHellBill
AG
Slocum on a mobile said:

Anyone over 30 is "old" in this town.

Class of '95...

"...and we would go to Tom's BBQ or The Black-Eyed Pea after football games AND WE LIKED IT!"
DisneyFan5
In the 80's, it was Ft Shilo or Ken Martin's Steakhouse.
Fonzie Scheme
AG
KBTX has a very solid crew, especially for a market this size.
johnnyblaze36
AG
As a Post Oak Mall Superkid of the late 1980's, I'm amazed that Darryl Bruffett is still doing KBTX sports 30 years later and still looks the exact same.

As a 40 year old Mike Gundy like man now, I have no respect for Rusty Surette who blocked me on twitter for asking him for updates on the Clayton Williams vandalism incident that should have been easily solved.

I also find it weird that KBTX is left leaning in a mostly Conservative town and seems to pay more attention to a dirty spoon at Cracker Barrel than it does to the erosion of our diplomas thanks to the 2020 push but that's just me.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.