Can I return my new recycle bin?

4,238 Views | 25 Replies | Last: 8 yr ago by TLIAC
lastrebel2000
How long do you want to ignore this user?
It takes up a ton of space in my driveway, its bigger than my current trash can, and I don't have much trash to begin with, so can I return it to BVR or the CoCS?

Please tell me I can return it, especially without fear of anybody reporting me to the CoCS tattler app for not having one.
AgResearch
AG

PLUS

You're welcome
redd38
AG
Oddly enough it's not recyclable, you just have to throw it away.
91_Aggie
AG
FYI... it should NOT be in your driveway. Shouldn't be visible from road when not at curb for pickup.

There are rules for living in a city. If you don't like them move out of the city.
EVA3
AG
Lighten up, Francis.
MiMi
S
Single-Stream Recycling Opt-Out Form

OlAg2001
Actually, it CAN be in my driveway, since the city code and my HOA don't prohibit it.
toolshed
AG
quote:
There are rules for living in a city. If you don't like them move out of the city.

You can't just live all willy nilly in the city like some hoodlum! We have rules in these parts, keep out the riff raff!
Post removed:
by user
AFM
I don't see the large bin will encourage recycling. Unless people place the recycling bin in the garage (which takes up a lot of space), it is a hassle to open the garage door every time you want to drop a bottle or box into the blue bin outside. More items might end up in the trash bag instead.
duffelpud
AG
quote:
I don't see the large bin will encourage recycling. Unless people place the recycling bin in the garage (which takes up a lot of space), it is a hassle to open the garage door every time you want to drop a bottle or box into the blue bin outside. More items might end up in the trash bag instead.
Neighbor's bin. Problem solved.
montegobay
We keep a small separate trash can in our house that we put everything that's recyclable in. When it gets full, we take it out to the garage and dump it in. Simple. So much easier than all those bags!
meezermom
I'll take your bin!!!! One isn't enough for our family. That thing is filled to the brim every two weeks and I'm having to cram things into it. I would LOOOOOOVE to have a second one or for weekly pickup.
MisterShipWreck
I would think you are on the hook for it, should something happen to it. Turning it in is better than giving it away. I think the city probably still "owns" it
LunitadelNox
I put mine in the back of the garage on a shelf up high.

Just me and the spouse, so it would take us months to fill it up. As is, we only turn in our trash can once every three weeks.

Hanging onto it just in case.
Anna Molly
quote:
We keep a small separate trash can in our house that we put everything that's recyclable in. When it gets full, we take it out to the garage and dump it in. Simple. So much easier than all those bags!
THIS.

For the OP:
What are you doing with waste items now? Dumping into the trash can *in your house* right? And when trash day comes, you...empty the household trash into the City-provided trash can. Right? So with single-stream recycling, you just dump recyclables - far more items than previously accepted - into another container, and every *other* week, you put two cans at the curb. Easy-peasy.
SumAggie
I'm giving it another month or two.... it is a big pain in the keister for just two people in the house....
Anna Molly
quote:
I'm giving it another month or two.... it is a big pain in the keister for just two people in the house....
If you don't recycle, evertything goes in one can. If you choose to recycle, you put garbage in the garbage can, and everything else in the recycle bin. What am I missing? I'm not trying to be mean. I'm honestly asking.
BCSMom
Our 2nd pick up was supposed to be yesterday and nothing.
Jimmy Conway
Since the recycle can is bigger, can i put my regular trash in there and the city will pick it up? Or is that not allowed?

Instead of my regular trash can overflowing just wondering.
waterchick
If by "regular trash" you mean plastic/glass/metal/paper, then yes. If "regular trash" means food waste and non-recyclable items...I'm going to guess NO.
rc_cat
quote:
Our 2nd pick up was supposed to be yesterday and nothing.
Ours was as well - same results. We left the can out overnight and the truck came by first thing this morning to pick up. I'm not sure if they forgot us yesterday or they think our day is really Thurs. (they picked up on Weds. 2 weeks ago).

Guess we'll see what happens in 2 weeks...
MisterShipWreck
Yes, we got skipped Tues as well. I've just left it out since then to see what would happen
Frio Cielo
Drill a few holes along the bottom of the sides and it makes a great compost bin. Just remember to stir it once or twice a month.

Since I put some of my food waste into it, I am still recycling!
techno-ag
AG
If it's paper, plastic, or metal, throw it in the recycle one, right? Everything else goes in the trash bin. What's the problem?
w8liftr
Jim Gaffigan on Recycling-
TLIAC
AG
quote:
I did not recycle before and since I've had the recycle bin, it's been almost full both times it has been picked up. I keep a small crate outside of my kitchen door in the garage and put my recyclables in there. When it's convenient, I dump it in the bin. My "regular" trash can now has maybe one trash bag in it each week. Maybe more when I get on a declutter binge. BTW there are only two of us in the house.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.