Road construction @ Texas Ave. & University Dr.

2,872 Views | 18 Replies | Last: 8 yr ago by FlyRod
funkytownaggie
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Anybody know why the center lanes on all 4 sides are barricaded off? There doesn't appear to be any work being done?
MiMi
S
TxDOT project. Roadwork being done on University from Texas to Tarrow. Lane closures will be for approximately 2 months. I would avoid the area! They are rebuilding the center median and there will also be sidewalk and driveway work.
Kate Beckett
AG
I work at that corner (BoA building) and luckily I'm going west, but getting out is a nightmare.
FlyRod
Not an area one can avoid easily, sadly...
Frio Cielo
I know that TXDOT can't or doesn't care to schedule around A&M's calendar, but since it is non-essential work, could they not have either scheduled it beginning around Dec 15 when 50,000+ students are out of town for a month or waited until Mid-May?

That stretch of street is one of the busiest streets in town. Should have been a little more planning.

jh88ag
AG
I work right in the middle of that stretch...it's going to be a long two months.
Belton Ag
AG
I can remember when they redid the medians on Texas Avenue from university on down and what a pain that was traffic-wise. I can imagine that this will be just as miserable but hopefully not as long.
jimmyb
A new slogan to go with time to make the donuts ( and move the hyw6 on exit ramps), time to move the tx/univ medians
momlaw
AG
I spoke with a Police Officer who was in the area this morning. By noon he'd written 3 tickets for drivers driving into and through the construction area as well as driving the wrong way to get where they wanted. If you cannot avoid be vigilant.
techno-ag
AG
quote:
I spoke with a Police Officer who was in the area this morning. By noon he'd written 3 tickets for drivers driving into and through the construction area as well as driving the wrong way to get where they wanted. If you cannot avoid be vigilant.
I bet they will make considerable revenue there in the coming weeks.
FlyRod
halibut sinclair
pants
I drove throught the intersection today. I was headed West on University turning South onto Texas. Many drivers are sitting in the leftmost through lane on University and trying to turn left. I did my part and turned into the middle lane on texas to make sure they learned the lesson of not turning left out of a through lane.

I'm almost sure they knew they were in a through lane and thought their affairs were more important than the cars they were delaying behind them.
redd38
AG
I've seen some of that too. Maybe they should paint a temporary straight arrow on that lane. They've painted some temporary arrows and lines in other places already.
momlaw
AG
Taxing obtuse, self absorbed drivers who endanger others is fine with me.
lastrebel2000
Yeah I have to drive through University every day to work and this is ridiculous. Was College Station going to implode if it didn't get its medians right now?

Doing it while school is in session is borderline insane.
OnlyANobody
At around 1, I turned right from Tarrow, needing to go to Thorne Music and while trying to figure out how/when I could turn left, ended up being able to at Pilger's Tires, used their parking lot to make the right back onto University to head back to Thorne. (probably a ticketable offense, not sure) And while I was parking, a CS officer pulled over another vehicle into the parking lot where I was. I'm not sure if he ticketed the driver, but honestly, I think they need to give people a couple days to figure out how in the world to navigate the new version of University. All those barrels are confusing and distracting.
Oogway
While it is the driver's responsibility to obey signage, etc I also realize that there is a lot going on at that intersection even without construction. I'm inclined to give folks the benefit of the doubt for awhile, too. Sometimes, we aren't obtuse and self-absorbed, we just aren't as smart and good-looking as all of you.
Orlando Ayala Cant Read
AG
Had a meeting in that BofA building today and it was a complete nightmare getting in and out.

I would highly highly recommend avoiding this area if you can.
FlyRod
Curiously my morning Torchy's visit down Texas was smooth and flawless.

T&P for the businesses affected by this along the way; can't imagine the stress of the owners contemplating lost profits, and the staff trying to get there on time.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.