Pre-school/daycare for 5 year old..

1,612 Views | 9 Replies | Last: 8 yr ago by AggieWife2008
JeepWaveEarl
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
We have become unhappy with my son's current school situation and are looking for an alternative he could get into now until Fall. Not opposed to someone private if they had the right credentials.

Anyone have any knowledge or review of Powersport's preschool or any other place that would have a spot open? He's blessed to be pretty advanced at this point (subtracting, telling and subtracting time/minutes, and really into science and engineering) and he's being sat in front of a tv for 4 hours a day, along with no lessons taught and no nutritious meals (we handled that issue by sending his lunch) which is unacceptable to both him and us.

Tia
justalocal
Highly recommend Holy Cross Lutheran but they don't have a summer program. Mine went to powersports last summer. i have no complaints and truth be told, I haven't heard any complaints from people I know in real life.
justalocal
My edits aren't showing but the summer school program at powersports is not structured like the jump to learn program. The kids play, do art, play some more, watch movies after lunch, take a long nap...and then I assume play some more. I picked my daughter up by 3:30 during the summer and that was nap time for the younger kids. Just something to think about.

JeepWaveEarl
AG
I'm cool with summertime being more play related -- the problem, now, is my child is in a home preschool with 11 others and the lady had a kid and everything has slipped. She's a friend so we've got to be careful about the transition, but our son has started getting anxiety on weekends because of the lack of structure and learning during the week, not to mention it's difficult for us to motivate him to go sit and be lazy everyday and when a 5 year old is asking to learn instead of watch tv when he goes to school it's time for a change (there's a lot of other things, but this is our main concern).

I looked up Holy Cross and it looks like a good, structured plan. I emailed. thanks.
medic1969p

I highly recommend KinderCare on Village behind HEB on Holleman. They are not a daycare. They are a learning center and have an advance curriculum. In addition they offer cooking, music and Spanish class as an extra if you decide you want that. Even the summer has unique topics for learning. My son was always stimulated to learn while there.

Sweet Kitten Feet
S
The Ark Preschool is fabulous with Brenda Andrus. She's done wonders with my oldest son, and also my youngest who is autistic. It's a private school but half her house is set up as the school. And it is school not just daycare. They really learn while having fun
SoTheySay
S
My kids are at St Thomas and we are very happy. I don't know anything about Powersports.
lifeincartoonmotion
AG
Bright Beginnings on Villa Maria is an early learning center. I have been very happy with the teachers in the 5yo rooms and the entire environment. It's one of the more expensive centers in the area, though.
justalocal
The teachers at Holy Cross were actual school teachers and the cost is excellent compared to daycares.
understandingmom
We loved Powersports. My daughters are in kinder now and are having no problems. I would highly recommend them. Summer is a little more laidback but they offer a reading class for the kids going into kinder who want to keep expanding over the summer.my girls learn differently but both were reading before kinder. I highly recommend Powersports.
AggieWife2008
S
Longmire learning center is the best in town! We were extremely unhappy with our daughters previous daycare so we switched to Longmire
...its like night and day! Not sure if they have immediate openings but give them a call!
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.