Girl Scout Cookies

5,062 Views | 28 Replies | Last: 8 yr ago by JayMM_02
AggieWife2008
How long do you want to ignore this user?
S
This might be old news but girl scouts are selling cookies outside of Kroger on Rock Prairie! Yum yum yum!
techno-ag
FlyRod
jrhmc
AG
Girl Scouts will be in front of Walmart in College Station, Walmart on Briarcrest, all HEBs, Lowe's Bryan, Sam's Club, and Kroger Rock Prairie on Thursday and Friday from 4-8 and Saturday and Sunday from 10-8. Please be polite even if you don't want any cookies. By ignoring the little girls when they ask you if you would like to buy cookies, you make them think you didn't hear them and they will be louder. The older girls just find it rude. They are all fine with you saying, "No thank you." My girls (all 13 of them) thank you for supporting scouts however you choose to do so.
BCStalk
I just want my cookies.
jrhmc
AG
There will also be a few girls at Walmart in College Station and on Briarcrest from 2-4 on some Thursdays and Fridays. Since they are home schoolers, they have a more flexible schedule than the others.
techno-ag
AG
quote:
Girl Scouts will in front of Walmart in College Station, Walmart on Briarcrest, all HEBs, Lowe's Bryan, Sam's Club, and Kroger Rock Prairie on Thursday and Friday from 4-8 and Saturday and Sunday from 10-8. Please be polite even if you don't want any cookies. By ignoring the little girls when they ask you if you would like to buy cookies, you make them think you didn't hear them and they will be louder. The older girls just find it rude. They are all fine with you saying, "No thank you." My girls (all 13 of them) thank you for supporting scouts however you choose to do so.
ttt
halibut sinclair
FlyRod
jrhmc
AG
Actually due to a mix up at Kroger, we won't be there until Feb. 11 at the earliest. Look for us at the other locations until then. Thanks for supporting your local scouts!

As an FYI, only 99 cents out of a box of cookies goes back to the manufacturer. The rest stays here in Central Texas supporting your local girls by paying for great programs, updating camps, helping less fortunate girls enjoy scouting, and helping girls in troops learn to manage their money. None of the money from the cookie sale goes to GSUSA.
biobioprof
The GS cookie web site says not all varieties are available for all councils. Any differences in our area?
jrhmc
AG
We sell the cookies from Little Brownie Baker. Here's a picture of what we have. The Gluten-Free Toffetastics are hard to find.

biobioprof
quote:
We sell the cookies from Little Brownie Baker. Here's a picture of what we have. The Gluten-Free Toffetastics are hard to find.

Thanks jrhmc. We will buy a bunch like we usually do to support the girls, but I do miss the Thank-a-lots and Lemonades. Didn't have them last year either, IIRC.
Pyewacket
AG
Just a question- Why do troops not venture out into neighborhoods anymore? I would like to support girls that actually go out into the community and not have mom or dad sell the cookies for them or set up websites. I hated those kids when they got all the awards and prizes and my parents made me schlep door to door and talk to people!
techno-ag
AG
quote:
Just a question- Why do troops not venture out into neighborhoods anymore? I would like to support girls that actually go out into the community and not have mom or dad sell the cookies for them or set up websites. I hated those kids when they got all the awards and prizes and my parents made me schlep door to door and talk to people!
Dunno, but there seems to be a lot of anti door to door sales sentiment in CS.
jrhmc
AG
We do sell door-to-door in most neighborhoods but you must not have a Girl Scout in your neighborhood. In fact, the first weekend of the sale is dedicated to just door-to-door sales. There are so many in Shenandoah that some of the older girls don't bother to go out since the little girls have been there first.

It's also a matter of return on investment for time. My daughter does a booth at Walmart every Thursday from 2-4. Last Thursday we sold 135 boxes of cookies in two hours. The last time she did door to door, she sold 20 boxes in two hours. We do have many other things that the girls need to do during cookie season and the most important of these is school. My child and few others have the advantage of a flexible school day but they still have to get their work done. Also the older the girls get, the more they have going on so the hours and hours walking door-to-door isn't a reasonable use of their time. Believe me that the girls working the doors of Walmart and other stores work very hard at their sales. We did over 8 hours of sales this weekend and she does everything for a booth including setting up, breaking down, making change, running credit cards, asking everyone who leaves Walmart, serving customers, and thanking everyone even if they don't buy.

On the subject of the other varieties of cookies if you are looking for Lemonades and Thanks a lots, the Girl Scouts in the Houston area or any area east of us will have them starting Feb. 12. I'm not sure where the booths are in that area but there is a web site to find them. It also works for our area.

Cookie Finder
FlyRod
quote:
Dunno, but there seems to be a lot of anti door to door sales sentiment in CS.

Maybe anti-annoying solicitor and possible home invasion sentiment, but I have yet to hear of anyone slamming the door in the face of Girl Scouts. Hope I never do either.
BCStalk
Got mine.
starbuck128
AG
quote:

Cookie Finder
Thank you!
Rexter
Some little girl just conned my wife out of $40 by ringing the doorbell......
BCStalk
quote:
Some little girl just conned my wife out of $40 by ringing the doorbell......

Bet you typed that with a face full of cookies didn't ya
Rexter
Yup. A mouthful of thin mint and grubby chocolate booger hooks.
agnuke14
You should check out Dollar General they may have them. I belive they carry most of the popular cookies via there in-house brand. Plus they are only $2 a box.
Brewmaster
AG
quote:
You should check out Dollar General they may have them. I belive they carry most of the popular cookies via there in-house brand. Plus they are only $2 a box.
those are fakes, fyi
AggieWife2008
S
quote:
I rather pay double for something that tastes better and helps the girl scouts out.
biobioprof
quote:
quote:
I rather pay double for something that tastes better and helps the girl scouts out.
This. Plus helping the Girl Scouts allows me to justify eating more than the RDA for cookies.
hurleyag
AG
I bought cookies for the first time in several years this week because of one girls dedication and courage to go door to door.
waterchick
Girl Scouts at Texas Ave HEB in College Station today. I also saw a Girl Scout and her mom waving and smiling to cars at the Munson/Harvey intersection. They're selling somewhere in the Post Oak Square shopping center but I didn't see exactly where.
jrhmc
AG
quote:
Girl Scouts at Texas Ave HEB in College Station today. I also saw a Girl Scout and her mom waving and smiling to cars at the Munson/Harvey intersection. They're selling somewhere in the Post Oak Square shopping center but I didn't see exactly where.
They're at U-Paint It today. Stop by if you want cookies!
JayMM_02
AG
Some are at Tejas Center HEB today.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.