Cajun restaurant

11,942 Views | 76 Replies | Last: 8 yr ago by deh40
boysmom
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Anyone have information on the new Cajun Restaurant opening on Wellborn?
FlyRod
http://eatbcs.com/2016/01/11/cajuns-bayou-grille-opening-soon-in-wellborn/
jello123
I was there yesterday for lunch. Delicious fried shrimp, shrimp po-boy also great. Seasoned fries were a bit salty, gumbo was so-so.
Sweet Kitten Feet
S
So it's open now? Will be giving it a shot. Gave the other Cajun place on Wellborn a shot and didn't care for it. I like Razzoo's though.
Fonzie Scheme
AG
Has His Most High Reverence of the Yelping Kingdom and Brazos Expert of all Culinary Delights voiced his opinion?

Until then, this simple plebe shan't ever know how to opine.
AggiePhil
AG
Sign out front says opening soon.
ChampsAg
As of yesterday, they said first or second week of February on their Facebook page
techno-ag
AG
quote:
So it's open now? Will be giving it a shot. Gave the other Cajun place on Wellborn a shot and didn't care for it. I like Razzoo's though.
meezermom
Razoo's was good -- our only issue was that the kids couldn't eat the hush puppies because they were so damn spicy. Hush puppies should really be kid friendly!
Sweet Kitten Feet
S
I didn't think they were spicy at all. But that's cajun style.
SumAggie
I wonder if you could make "plain" AND "spicy".....?
FlyRod
Razzoo's is nasty. I look forward to trying this new place.
Post removed:
by user
montegobay
Wouldn't it be nice if there were one new restaurant thread where you guys didn't mention your crush on that Yelp guy? Get over it already.

Looking forward to trying the new place.
CS78
Glad to see they have an actual website and not just a crappy facebook page with no menu.

Unfortunately no phone number though?
oklaunion
According to Boudreaux, the cook, on the mentioned site,

" When I moved to Bryan, Texas in 1988, I quickly discovered that there were not many places that served quality Cajun favorites and boiled seafood cooked the way I was used to eatin' it, so I created "CAJUNS Bayou Grille" to fix dat! "

Didn't get in too big a hurry to 'fix dat'.
techno-ag
AG
quote:
Wouldn't it be nice if there were one new restaurant thread where you guys didn't mention your crush on that Yelp guy? Get over it already.
FlyRod
mgreen
Passed it yesterday looking to have lunch and the sign said coming soon so I went elsewhere. Is it open or not?
mgreen
My wife and I are from Louisiana and LOVE the hushpuppies at Razzo's. Never once has spicy even entered my mind when eating their hushpuppies.
LastHamlet
AG
quote:
I was there yesterday for lunch. Delicious fried shrimp, shrimp po-boy also great. Seasoned fries were a bit salty, gumbo was so-so.
Greg, is that you?
Tailgate88
AG
On Facebook they said they were shooting for next week. I drive by there and they have done a lot of work on that place, and there are many vehicles there (not customer vehicles, work trucks etc.) Looks like they are doing it right. Can't wait to try it! I may stick my head in there this weekend and see what they're up to...
originaltexan
Looks like a lot of effort is going into the reboot.

Certainly wish them the best.
Fonzie Scheme
AG
Are you the hall monitor?
rhoswen
AG
I love any and all references to ol Greg.
CS78
quote:
On Facebook they said they were shooting for next week. I drive by there and they have done a lot of work on that place, and there are many vehicles there (not customer vehicles, work trucks etc.) Looks like they are doing it right. Can't wait to try it! I may stick my head in there this weekend and see what they're up to...

I keep wishing someone would open the place up some. Put in more windows, install roll down doors on the entire northwest face of the building, a large covered deck with fans and TVs, room for a small band, and an outside bar. Open for brunch and they could peel a good chunk of hullaballoos business away in the first weekend. Oh, and they must have an owner that is there....every day.
AggiePhil
AG
I'm really hoping this place turns out to be good. Anyone remember the Crazy Cajun location in Wellborn in what is now Juarez Flooring? Those were the days...
JR Ewing
AG
No matter how good they are, they'll end up with the same issue that all of the places that occupy that location do. I've heard the landlord tries to jack the rent after 6 months, figuring he'll hose the restaurant into paying. I don't know how accurate that is, but that was supposedly the reason why Chubby's Meat Wagon left, and it explains why no place ends up staying there. Chubby's did some pretty good things while they were there and couldn't make it work...
FlyRod
Like summers, rents are tough on small businesses around here.
CS78
quote:
No matter how good they are, they'll end up with the same issue that all of the places that occupy that location do. I've heard the landlord tries to jack the rent after 6 months, figuring he'll hose the restaurant into paying. I don't know how accurate that is, but that was supposedly the reason why Chubby's Meat Wagon left, and it explains why no place ends up staying there. Chubby's did some pretty good things while they were there and couldn't make it work...
Surely anyone putting their time and capital on the line has a minimum of a 1 year lease signed and would know what to expect up front. It's pretty standard for commercial leases to start low and ramp up in the months after a business opens.

I tried Chubby's once. Found their info on facebook, called the number and got the owner which acted surprised that I was calling, told him I wanted to put in a to go order, his response was "oh, just come up here and we will get you whatever you want". With two jobs and a 2yo and 3yo, time is important.
deh40
AG
quote:
Never could tell when Chubbys was open. I think it started out as Friday-Sunday. Then there would be times on Thursday when cars were there. Then sometimes on Saturday and Sunday, it was closed. This was the same problem with Country Cafe before it and the pizza place next to the Chevron station. As someone posted earlier on this thread, need a place with owner presence all the time and consistent hours.
oklaunion
I visited with the landlord y'day and he said they are going to have to replace the entire a/c system so it might be awhile before opening. Those ain't cheap.
Tailgate88
AG
I want mudbugs!
AgTrip
Remnants of Nawlins. Blackened catfish and dirty rice are awesome!
Goose83
AG
Sure wish Hebert's would come back.
Last Page
Page 1 of 3

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.