Need Ideas for Speaker

3,351 Views | 18 Replies | Last: 8 yr ago by PebbleCreekster
OnlyANobody
How long do you want to ignore this user?
The Kiwanis of College Station club is an organization that is geared toward Serving the Children. We are involved in many funding or working projects around both cities.

I need speaker ideas for February! We like to hear about projects, ideas that are geared toward helping children, which of course lends itself to family oriented topics.

Additionally, we like hearing just general interest topics for the communities in general.

If you are or know someone who would be interested in speaking to us for about 30 minutes, I'd love to hear from you!
ag009
AG
Chris Field with Mercy Project is an powerful speaker that fits what you are describing in your post.
OnlyANobody
Thank you! He spoke about 3 years ago, so I'll ask him for an update visit.
TXCityGirl
Theresa Mangapora Brazos Valley Food Bank
http://www.bvfb.org/staff.html

Voices for Kids/CASA or a speaker from Still Creek Ranch would be appropriate as well
rhoswen
AG
How do you feel about having a kid speaker? When I saw him on the news he was well spoken and confident and seems like he'd be willing to do something like this?

http://www.khou.com/story/news/features/2016/01/25/13-year-old-cancer-fighter-pays-forward/79326586/

Maybe not but this story is the first thing I thought of when I read the OP.
techno-ag
AG
Darrin Hill.

http://texags.com/forums/35/topics/2717752
GoneGirl
AG
State of the City type speakers are good. We get our City Manager or Mayor to come out to our Kiwanis meeting this time of year for that.

Police Chief to give updates on their efforts
Head coaches - we ask our 3 HS coaches, but you're right there in Aggieland - see if you can tap into the University

CVB for tourism in your own back yard

bugle rank '87
AG
How about Christopher Stribling who is heading up "Brazos Valley Fashion Week" to raise money for the all inclusive children's playground at central park.
OnlyANobody
Thank you for all these ideas! And yes, we love kid speakers. We have had Maggie and Harper from Books and a Blanket speak and today's was a girl scout. So we love hearing from the young people.

We are also part of the Fun For All Playground development.
waterchick
I sent you an email, to eyesmellratz.
OnlyANobody
Thank you, egret. I replied.
SoTheySay
S
Brazos Valley Rehab Center
OneGood2011Ag
AG
Edward Tarlton, CEO of HELP Consulting

Ed helps students get to and through college by offering workshops, camps, consultations, mentoring programs, and more.
medic1969p

I'm not sure if you would be interested in this topic but I have several High School exchange students in the area. They could talk about exchange and/or give a presentation on their country. You can contact me at 979-218-2336 or deducote@hotmail.com
techno-ag
AG
It seems there's a lot of interesting research going on at A&M & the HSC. I'd be interested in hearing what our local profs are up to.
FlyRod
double b
AG
Avant Garde Prep is a local college prep service geared toward leadership and increasing one's sphere of influence. We also equip students with the necessary skills to achieve early success above their peers upon their arrival to college.

We work with middle and high schools kids and, I'm happy to speak on the topic how one can take ownership of their experience.

You can learn more at Avant Garde Prep.
OnlyANobody
Medic, I sent you an email.

double b, I would like to know how to contact you about speaking on Avant Garde Prep. Thanks to both of you!

Mr. Ed will be speaking with us in March. Thanks for the lead.
double b
AG
You can reach me at info@avantgardeprep.com. I'm happy to share more info and how we can arrange for me to speak at a future date.

Many thanks!
PebbleCreekster
Our local investment group had a Great speaker awhile back. His name was Dennis A.... not sure if I should post his name, be he was amazing. This guy has a rich story to tell, he was one of the original founders of Copy Corner and he taught school at the same time. We were all very inspired and impressed by his honesty and hard work. He has retired but I am sure he still lives around here.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.