Good divorce attorney???

4,921 Views | 15 Replies | Last: 8 yr ago by atp2007
MarylandAG
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Who are some of the better/reputable divorce attorneys in town? If it matters this is not a divorce but rather a child support issue. In advance thanks for any recommendations.
Tailgate88
AG
Anne Cofer
cslifer
Celeste King has been great for me dealing with child support and custody, I have recommended her to several other folks with the same results.
Justified
Robert swearingen 979-680-9993 or
Larry Catlin
farmersfight
AG
Larry Catlin or Anne Cofer. If it goes to court, these are the 2 bulldogs you will want on your side.
bionat80
Andrea James
barney94
AG
Anne Cofer
alisoncan
Cofer
PebbleCreekster
I have worked in the court system for over 40 years here in BCS, hands down Gains West is the best! I have seen him make a many of grown men break down and cry like a baby. He does not settle, he wins, the man is a pit bull and takes no prisoners.
myaw21
Normally I would not comment on things like this, however my son had a very bad experience with Andrea James. She charged $5500 and actually got nothing resolved for him. We ended up having to hire another attorney to finish the case because her fees for miscellaneous things ate up the $5500. Each email (one-two line emails) were billed at $75, unanswered phone calls were billed at $75, etc...
This divorce case involved no real estate, no assets. There was only one child involved and the terms of custody had already been negotiated; we only needed to pin down the visitation schedule. All other matters had been decided.
She was hired to represent my son in mediation; however during negotiations she got mad at the other party's counteroffer and stopped negotiations and walked out. I know for a fact that the other party came to mediation with intentions of settling this matter. I realize now it was to her benefit to go to court because she was going to charge another $7500 to represent him in court.

I would highly recommend Gaines West and ANYONE ELSE but Andrea James.
techno-ag
AG
I've had friends who've used Chris Peterson and Kassi Horner in child support issues, they say they're great.

http://brazoslawyers.com/
halibut sinclair
George Costanza
Melissa Teeter is fairly new in town, but does a great job. She comes across as tough when needed, but if people are honest .... Child support is pretty standardized and fighting usually just runs up attorney fees and doesn't change anything.
Goose83
AG
Larry Catlin did my friend's divorce back in the 90's. Not only did he get him primary custody of the kids, but child support from the wife as well.
beefly95
Jack Dillard did mine. He was wonderful
Muzzleblast
Andrea James.

Smart and tough. Board certified in family law.

Good people.
atp2007
Kassi Horner is the best!
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.