New Tower Locations 2016 Q1

4,695 Views | 24 Replies | Last: 8 yr ago by Bob2525
BrazosWifi
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Howdy folks!

We have been expanding our footprint to help cover more of the Brazos Valley.

We have a new tower in Millican that we are excited about. In about a month, it will be fed by 500mbps fiber. This tower also serves as a geographically feed into our wireless backbone. This tower is currently fed from our backhaul ring.

In late 2015, we brought up a tower at Royalty Pecan Farms. This tower has hundreds of megabits of capacity as well.

In mid-2015, we setup a tower in Northeast Brazos County and we are seeing very good speeds from the new generation of equipment.

Last week, we added a small site in Mumford. It can help cover those folks in the river bottom.

If you, or folks you know need better Internet in those areas, let us know.

Thanks,
Jim
Sponsor Message: http://BrazosWiFi.com | Fast and reliable internet for the Brazos Valley | info@BrazosWiFi.com | 979-999-7000
ooshwa
Well, okay then
ChampsAg
We are ready for you in Millican
rsincs
AG
I wish you had a tower in carlos/iola area.
Average Joe
AG
It looks like both him and CEO have towers in that area.
BrazosWifi
Our coverage map needs some updates. Give us a call if you have questions.

Thanks!
deh40
AG
How far away will you be able to provide service with the Millican tower?
techno-ag
AG
Max06
AG
quote:

This!!
jac4
AG
Can you get to Saddle Creek or Duck Haven? There is certainly opportunity in those neighborhoods as a lot of us are dissatisfied with our 2 current option.
BrazosWifi
quote:
How far away will you be able to provide service with the Millican tower?
This is mostly terrain dependent. We like to stay less than 5 miles from the tower. This gives us a strong signal which supports our new 30Mbps packages.
BrazosWifi
quote:
Can you get to Saddle Creek or Duck Haven? There is certainly opportunity in those neighborhoods as a lot of us are dissatisfied with our 2 current option.

The short answer is: not really. Those are right at the edge of our 5 mile radius and the trees in and around the area don't lend themselves to clear line of sight.

I don't like putting monster poles on the roof of people's houses because of the likelihood of the poles bending or damaging the roof. This limits us to areas where we can see the tower plainly from no more than 5' above the rooftop.

I understand the desire for options. I hear you and am listening. I'm just not sure it is economically viable to setup another tower nearby.
BrazosWifi
quote:
That is a REALLY BIG area. Where are you looking for service?
Max06
AG
How much range does one tower have? I'd love to see a tower around the intersection of FM244 and CR121/Sawdust Ranch Road.
BrazosWifi
quote:
How much range does one tower have? I'd love to see a tower around the intersection of FM244 and CR121/Sawdust Ranch Road.
Range is dependent on a number of factors. Mostly the terrain. If we had a tall tower surrounded by flat land and no trees, our limit would be about 5 miles. You can stretch the distance further (up to 20 miles) but signal levels drop and you can't deliver a good product.

That is one the areas I am looking at. It has a number of large trees so we may not be able to reach very many folks from a tower.
Bob2525
Is there an estimated date when the new towers will be available, specifically the Royalty Pecan tower?
BrazosWifi
Royalty Pecan tower was operational as of Dec 1.
Sponsor Message: http://BrazosWiFi.com | Fast and reliable internet for the Brazos Valley | info@BrazosWiFi.com | 979-999-7000
tetraag
AG
Hwy 30 & Roans Chapel area any time soon? We tried a couple months ago but could not get a reliable signal, even with a tall tower on our roof. Really tired of our current service
rsincs
AG
This is the area I'm interested in. Just down the road on John rice.
BrazosWifi
quote:
Hwy 30 & Roans Chapel area any time soon? We tried a couple months ago but could not get a reliable signal, even with a tall tower on our roof. Really tired of our current service
We are diligently working on a solution over there. It will be much faster than anything else available there. There are some technical hurdles that we are working through with the tower owner but hope to have that resolved soon.
tmtxco
AG
How about near Lake Bryan?
Bob2525
The Royalty Pecan tower should have good line of sight, especially with the elevation going up to lake Bryan (south side anyway). I'm still waiting patiently to get scheduled for an install.
BrazosWifi
quote:
The Royalty Pecan tower should have good line of sight, especially with the elevation going up to lake Bryan (south side anyway). I'm still waiting patiently to get scheduled for an install.
Bob is right.

Bob, have we gotten you on the calendar?

Thanks,
Jim
Muzzleblast
Need it between Iola and North Zulch.
Bob2525
Jim,

Emailed you again at info@. Also copied an old email address I found from 2013.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.