Why is kbtx so inferior to...

8,406 Views | 36 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by jello123
Tex Aggie
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Kwtx out of Waco? They are sister stations, owned by same company and same general manager. Yet, their on-air talent is better across the board on all air times. Their graphics are better on weather reports also. They actually report on better stories and do a better job of delivery.

Plus it actually looks like a news studio instead of a news desk stuck in the middle of cubicle offices. ----remember when kbtx made such a big deal of the "new" studio built by Kent Moore cabinets? Looks like they never finished it. So annoying and unprofessional to see people walking around behind the news cast.
Mr. Griswold
quote:
Plus it actually looks like a news studio instead of a news desk stuck in the middle of cubicle offices. ----remember when kbtx made such a big deal of the "new" studio built by Kent Moore cabinets? Looks like they never finished it. So annoying and unprofessional to see people walking around behind the news cast.

That's the style now.
halibut sinclair
I like the KAGS style - do the whole newscast in front of a green screen with a little-bitty desk and 4 people crammed around it.
Mr. Griswold
lol
Orlando Ayala Cant Read
AG
Karla Castillo
EMY92
AG
KBTX serves a much smaller market than KWTX.
techno-ag
AG
quote:
Kwtx out of Waco? They are sister stations, owned by same company and same general manager. Yet, their on-air talent is better across the board on all air times. Their graphics are better on weather reports also. They actually report on better stories and do a better job of delivery.

Simple solution: stop watching. If KWTX is so superior, watch them instead.
FlyRod
91_Aggie
AG
I'm glad these 80 year Old people who still watch the news are tech-savvy enough to use the internet to come on here and complain about it. I say "bravo" to you.
jrhmc
AG
quote:
quote:

Unfortunately, that's what I've done. Mainly because Direct TV doesn't offer CBS in HD except with KWTX. I occasionally switch it over to catch something on the local news but I would bet that most people with Direct TV don't watch KBTX. Kind of a waste for local advertising.
cctvAggie
Blue star for you!

Who knew what people do in the background of the news cast was so important! I mean isn't the only purpose of local news to give you news about your area you can't get anywhere else. It's basically school announcements for the area and production quality should be expected to be on that same level.

Edit: should have been blue star
halibut sinclair
quote:
quote:

Don't tell him how to live bro.
AgsWin2011
AG
I have directv and so my only complaint is that I can't watch it in HD. Don't know why something so simple can't get worked out.
James Russell
AG
I have directv, too. I bought a used directv am21 tuner off of eBay so that I could pick up locals and their subchannels in hd through my genie system. Been happy with it so far. It allows locals to show up in the guide, and has two tuners for recording on the dvr.
ro828
So how important is it that a thirty minute newscast be in HD? It would be important for sports or westerns or a movie like Spiderman. But for a newscast or a typical scripted TV show, which is people talking in a living room or office, not important.

And don't get me started about my high school days when I had to walk across shag carpet to change stations because remotes weren't around yet.
75AG
AG
I wonder how much additional ad revenue KWTX gains since they are the only CBS affiliate broadcasting in HD on DirecTV in BCS. I have never, and probably will never, purchase anything in Waco. Why should I, with The Woodlands only 90 minutes away. However, KWTX likely shows BCS in their broadcast area, which advertising clients see as a positive.

Conversely, I wonder how much ad revenue is lost by KBTX since they are not carried in HD on DirecTV. KBTX is unwatchable.
TXAggie1976
AG
I love alternating between KBTX and KAGS. I like the staffs and the great job they do and how much both give back to the community!
Tex Aggie
AG
And yet no one has answered the original question....
75AG
AG
quote:
Because Waco is a larger market. More advertising revenues. More money to pour into the station. Pretty simple, really.
techno-ag
AG
quote:
It's not. HTH.
bcstx06
KWTX News is getting a new set, I hope KBTX is next, there's is dated.

KWTX New News Set Launch

And the guy who made the suggestion that KBTX keep the open newsroom was completely wrong, it is not making a come back. Its just not a good look.
malibu9in1
Who cares??? Get the news. Turn the page.
Tex Aggie
AG
Mike Wright
Gray media runs both. Same gm. Yet Waco has all new news set, better graphics, better weather graphics etc

Just an observation. Flame away
AggiePhil
AG
I like KBTX.
barbara314tx
I like the "news" part of KBTX...but watch weather on KAGS. I just like Bob better!
chigger
AG
I dont watch it that often, but i thought they did a darn good job on the weather this week.
Broncos
KBTX has been great recently!
montegobay
KBTX was on the air for about 10 hours straight on Thursday. Bob was nowhere to be found. I will remain loyal to KBTX. Who cares what their set looks like?
techno-ag
AG
quote:
KBTX was on the air for about 10 hours straight on Thursday. Bob was nowhere to be found. I will remain loyal to KBTX. Who cares what their set looks like?
agfan1030
Having Directv with the Houston market is ok except they don't carry KBTX. I miss the KBTX news/weather since I live just NW of Huntsville and follow Bearkats and Ags sports. If I go out of town to shop I head to B/CS and I have 4 doctors there, too. Tired of the murder reports on Houston news. But, I do like keeping up with Travis Herzog. ha ha
kyledr04
AG
Kbtx did great during the storms. It's annoying that directv won't carry them in HD.
chucktheaggiejeweler
Sponsor
AG
I am a big fan of KBTX. It is EASY to throw daggers at any production, but the genuine concern and professionalism of their staff is fantastic.
God's Peace,
Chuck

Fifth C Jewelry
Tex Aggie
AG
They did a great job on weather this week for sure
mason12
AG
If they put a big tv wall behind the news desk like KWTX just did it would look better. I only have over the air and internet.
aggiepublius
Page 1 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.