Why is the DPS office always so unreliable?

2,754 Views | 20 Replies | Last: 8 yr ago by aggiepaintrain
91_Aggie
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I drive halfway to Hearne to renew my drivers license and they tell me their computers are down

I only have to visit every 6 years but every time they have problems and i have to come back later.
W
AG
moving at the speed of government...

if you get in and out in less than 90 minutes feel fortunate
EMY92
AG
quote:
I drive halfway to Hearne to renew my drivers license and they tell me their computers are down

I only have to visit every 6 years but every time they have problems and i have to come back later.
Actually, you only have to visit every 12 years, if you visited last time, you can renew online this time. Then in 6 years, you'll have to go in again.
91_Aggie
AG
quote:
quote:

Actually, you only have to visit every 12 years, if you visited last time, you can renew online this time. Then in 6 years, you'll have to go in again.
so I should ignore the letter I got that said I could NOT renew online?

medic1969p
I was pleasantly surprised how quickly I got in and out
redd38
AG
There is no incentive to be reliable, therefore they are unreliable.
EMY92
AG
I didn't say that, if the letter says you can't renew online, it means that you likely renewed online last time.
fanof3.88
quote:

So North Bryan city limits is "halfway to Hearne"?
AggieBaseball06
AG
quote:
quote:

It could be depending on how far south you live...
AgSportsFan
AG
quote:
I was pleasantly surprised how quickly I got in and out

same here...never had an issue
Pro Sandy
AG
I live out of state so I don't make it very often. This year I made it to the DPS office for the first time in 14 years (by mail renewal and a 2 year extension). I was in ozona and went by the DPS office during their lunch hour. The lady actually provided service, though was pry confused a guy with California plates, a midland address, wanting his license mailed to Maryland, was in ozona. It was for the BBQ at wagon wheel, most excellent! I then spent 12 cumulative hours at the Maryland dmv to get plates...
The Original AG 76
AG
I've used the Brenham office several times and have been in and out with no hassle. I drive up from Houston and have other friends that do the same.
BTW: you do have to go in person on your 60th birthday. Can't renew on line. Not sure about the every other renewal. I know I renewed several times on-line no problem before I turned 60.
91_Aggie
AG
quote:
I didn't say that, if the letter says you can't renew online, it means that you likely renewed online last time.
No, I didn't renew online last time. Why do people think they know more than the person who is experiencing the issue?

I would renew online if I could... but last time I got the same letter telling me I couldn't renew online and had to go to the office.

I'm a tech savvy person and would definitely not go deal with any government entity face-to-face if I could avoid it.

Kendall Rogers
AG
quote:
quote:
quote:

The Bryan DPS office is the closest office to many places Navasota south. He/she could have driven 3/4ths or more the way to Hearne.
Anna Molly
This thread makes me think of that TV show, Reaper. The DMV office was a portal to Hell.

quote:
Gladys: Fugitive transfer?
Sam: Uh, yes. Yes, I think so.
Gladys: Place the vessel on the mat.[Sam places the Dirt Devil on the mat.]
Gladys: Never seen one of these before.[Gladys sends the Dirt Devil to Hell.]
Gladys: Have a nice day!
Sam: W- w- wait! Um, so, they're not all little vacuums?
Gladys: The boss gives you the vessel he thinks you can handle. You must be a real moron![Gladys laughs. Sock hits a 'rejection' stamp in anger.]
Sock: [annoyed] DMV!!
TexAg1987
I live near tower point and, yes, it is, almost exactly, halfway to Hearne. 16 miles.
ukbb2003
They must have read this thread....job posted 17 hours ago for Lead Customer Service Rep. for Bryan DPS.

http://agency.governmentjobs.com/txdps/default.cfm?action=viewJob&jobID=1299659
SumAggie
if they thought the process through they would accept an approval from a qualified Dr. on eye sight and renew everyone b mail or online.
BQ_90
AG
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

The Bryan DPS office is the closest office to many places Navasota south. He/she could have driven 3/4ths or more the way to Hearne.
there is a office in Hempstead
OnlyANobody
I hope that the next time I have to renew in person, they will have begun recognizing the results of monovision LASIK surgery.

Because, after waiting for an hour and a half, I failed the distance portion on my right (reading) eye, I had to go pay for an eye exam to prove that yes, I can see (better than I ever could before) to drive and take it back to them. Then I got put in a goofy queue for people who had already been there and just needed to complete the eyeball part. What no one mentioned was that the person running that particular line had just left for lunch, and when I mentioned how long I had been waiting, I was told that I could just wait my turn like every one else in there was doing.
GiveEmHellBill
AG
aggiepaintrain
AG
I went today to renew my license, in and out in less than 30 minutes and everyone was very friendly.

Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.