Dog tooth extraction

1,544 Views | 10 Replies | Last: 8 yr ago by msaggie98
gatormom07
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Was quoted $700 for 1 tooth. Has anyone else had dental work on their pet for less? Where & were you pleased with the treatment your pet received?
dubi
AG
quote:
Was quoted $700 for 1 tooth. Has anyone else had dental work on their pet for less? Where & were you pleased with the treatment your pet received?
That is nuts.

Call Dr Bond.
Thisguy1
Briarcrest. It won't be near that price.
MiMi
S
You also need to ask what is included in the cost of the procedure. Ask about charges for the physical examination, necessary bloodwork or other pre-op diagnostic procedures (depending on the overall health of your pet), anesthesia, IV catheter and fluids, monitoring during anesthesia (blood pressure, ECG, etc), pain medicine, dental radiographs, antibiotics, etc. Veterinary clinics vary widely on what they offer for the price they charge. Shop around for quality of care not just who is the cheapest.
Tank16
AG
Shenandoah Vet Clinic - south College Station
starbuck128
AG
That is obscene. I've had several dogs need a tooth extraction, and I've had them done at Van Stavern by both Dr. Bay and Dr. Dennis. The blood work, x rays, teeth cleaning, extraction, meds, all of it was less than half what you were quoted. I believe they charge by weight for anesthesia. I've been very pleased with their work.
jrhmc
AG
Shenandoah Vet Clinic did 3-4 extractions on our dog for $500. He's extra expensive because his breed is extra sensitive to anesthesia so that seems pretty pricey.
Pyewacket
AG
I bet the $700 was from the vet school.
AggieDarlin
AG
$700 is not a bad price, especially considering all of the factors that Mimi mentioned - along with which tooth needs to be extracted.

When it comes to such a procedure, quality is huge.

I'm used to seeing prices in the area of $1200, so I'd jump on that $700 in a heartbeat. Of course, depends on what's really going on with that specific pet.

If you need a no-interest payment plan for 6 to 12 months, check into Care Credit.
MiMi
S
quote:
He's extra expensive because his breed is extra sensitive to anesthesia so that seems pretty pricey.
What breed?
jrhmc
AG
quote:
quote:
He's extra expensive because his breed is extra sensitive to anesthesia so that seems pretty pricey.
What breed?
Whippet and he's 16 1/2 years old.
msaggie98
AG
My sweet old guy (13 yrs) had to have a major tooth extraction. Our vet is Dr. Baggs at West Villa Maria. I think our bill was about $400 and we were very happy with how everything went. We elected to do a full senior bloodwork panel prior to the procedure, so bloodwork would have been extra. Otherwise, it included his dental cleaning, anesthesia, IV drip, antibiotics, and pain meds (in hospital and prescription.)

I would just call around and get some estimates from different vets. But make sure they know it's a major extraction because it does make a difference. It takes a lot longer to remove a major tooth, so more surgery time and more anesthesia, etc.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.