Mountain Lion

21,673 Views | 82 Replies | Last: 8 yr ago by TAMU1990
jja79
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Coming into town for the weekend. What's the best viewing spot for these mountain lions? I already know the bar at the Republic for cougars but I'm really wanting to see the bigger cat.
Tailgate88
AG
quote:
We live near Greens Prairie Trail and Wellborn Rd. Our neighbor caught two bobcats in October. I have a picture of one of them but don't know how to post it here. They are amazing animals, but I certainly wouldn't want to meet it on a dark street.

How to post a pic on TexAgs/MyBCS

Hope you'll do this!
snicks
Brazos River near Navasota
BQ_90
AG
quote:
Coming into town for the weekend. What's the best viewing spot for these mountain lions? I already know the bar at the Republic for cougars but I'm really wanting to see the bigger cat.
since the sock is now closed you might not be able to see that bigger cat so to speak
BaitShack
AG

Tailgate88, the bobcat is still around woodlake. My dad spotted it back in the trails a month or two ago.
FlyRod
As with Bigfoot, I'll be convinced when a corpse shows up.
Muzzleblast
We have a good population of bobcats here in North Grimes County.

Only Cougars around are in some of the bars and on Internet dating sites.

Head over to Our Time and Farmers Only and confirm your sightings.
Buck Laughlin
AG
I don't claim to have ever seen a mountain lion, so I have no dog in this fight, but I saw this story today and remembered this thread:

Mountain lion killed in Milam Co

Rockdale/Caldwell is close enough to B/CS for me. Definitely east of I-35...
aggiepaintrain
AG
yep, that's no lab.
Kitten With A Whip
quote:
I don't claim to have ever seen a mountain lion, so I have no dog in this fight, but I saw this story today and remembered this thread:

Oh, well, that can't possibly be true unless the TPWD has confirmed it along with their biologists. Besides that, the know-it-all's of this forum have given us their final word on the matter. There are NO mountain lions in this area.
Fonzie Scheme
AG
Who cares? If they are in this area, we encroached on them, not the other way around. Deal with it.

If they eat your chihuahua, it's because you moved into their habitat and they asserted food chain dominance over the available food supply.

Makes sense to me.
techno-ag
AG
No one at Texas Parks & Wildlife has confirmed that kill. Good discussion about it here: http://texags.com/forums/34/topics/2706846/
BQ_90
AG
quote:
quote:

Oh, well, that can't possibly be true unless the TPWD has confirmed it along with their biologists. Besides that, the know-it-all's of this forum have given us their final word on the matter. There are NO mountain lions in this area.
Yea how dare we believe the experts in the field. The likelyhood of ML in this area are very slim. Most sightings normally are bobcats which are very common in this area. Again with the number of people that live in this area and all the people using Game cams not one confirmed sighting.
TAMU1990
AG
My husband was running through Williams Creek and saw one there

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.