Serving food on Christmas Eve

1,140 Views | 4 Replies | Last: 8 yr ago by jrhmc
AggieWife2008
How long do you want to ignore this user?
S
Howdy!

Anyone know of a place in town where my family can serve food on Christmas Eve to those that need a hot meal? My daughter is only 3 but its a tradition I'd like to start each year to keep her humble. Thanks in advance!
starbuck128
AG
I don't know about serving food, but 3 is a good age to start an angel tree tradition. She can pick out an angel and buy another kid in need a gift.
AggieWife2008
S
That's a great idea! I didn't even think to do that. Thanks for the suggestion
MiMi
S
RadioMASH Toy Drive starts next week (Dec 3-6). She can bring her gently used toys and stuffed animals to the collection site at Post Oak Mall to give to needy children for Christmas. Just look for the Army tents in the Post Oak Mall parking lot near Chuy's.
AggieWife2008
S
Yes!! This a great idea as well. Thank you!
jrhmc
AG
We try to do something for others every day of Advent. We started this one when my youngest was about 5. We've left cookies for neighbors, delivered Meals on Wheels, worked Radio MASH, payed it forward in the drive thru, done Angel Tree shopping, left notes saying Merry Christmas, sang Christmas carols for the nursing home, rang the bell for Salvation Army, etc. I'm always looking for new things to do now that they're teenagers.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.