DPS in action

5,142 Views | 32 Replies | Last: 8 yr ago by SumAggie
The Original AG 76
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
WARNING:
ON THANKSGIVING MORNING.....
Working Wellborn Hwy in the 60MPH speed trap area. HE admitted, with a grin, that he works between the 2 signs where it goes from 70 to 60. Yep I was speeding and deserved the ticket, I knew he was there thanks to guys flashing their lights BUT I did think that 70 was OK.
But I'm sure the speed trap is ALL about safety.....
Happy Thanksgiving Officer !!!
Watch out anyone on Wellborn. There is a Sheriff south of Millican and a DPS speed trap near the town of Wellborn.
ChampsAg
Speed trap? Heaven forbid people go the speed limit! My family lives off of Wellborn Road so I applaud them giving tickets to the idiots that speed down it.
cslifer
Hang on, you knew he was there but thought that speeding was ok? Then want to call it a speed trap and complain on the interwebs about it? I think I have heard all I need to.
BCStalk
Glad they are out keeping the roads safe. I would like to safely make it to thanksgiving. Maybe put a couple on 6? To any officers working today instead of being with family, thank you and have a good holiday. To those who are complaining. Well you know.
FlyRod
BCStalk.
The Original AG 76
AG
quote:
Hang on, you knew he was there but thought that speeding was ok? Then want to call it a speed trap and complain on the interwebs about it? I think I have heard all I need to.
NO. Thought I made it clear that I thought it was still 70. MY MISTAKE!!!! The cop admitted that he deliberately works BETWEEN the 2 60mph signs and a lot of folks MISS the reduction. Thats why I call it a speed trap.
I also made it clear that I deserved the darn ticket...... I WAS SPEEDING !!!
Just giving anyone out there a WARNING that they are working the TRAP this morning
Happy Thanksgiving !!!
DWren
quote:
Glad they are out keeping the roads safe. I would like to safely make it to thanksgiving. Maybe put a couple on 6? .

Lol at people who think going 10 MPH over the posted speed limit keeps the " roads safe".
On HWY's and 2 lane roads it's more often than not that people going too slow cause accidents rather than those going too fast.
BCStalk
quote:
quote:
Glad they are out keeping the roads safe. I would like to safely make it to thanksgiving. Maybe put a couple on 6? .

Lol at people who think going 10 MPH over the posted speed limit keeps the " roads safe".
On HWY's and 2 lane roads it's more often than not that people going too slow cause accidents rather than those going too fast.

Right...and you have proof that going the speed limit is more dangerous than speeding? Please post some data that supports your statement. I don't recall posting anything about going under the speed limit. So I have to assume you are talking about going the speed limit.
redd38
AG
Lol, who gets a speeding ticket after being warned that there's a cop ahead?!?

AND THEN COMPLAINS ABOUT IT?!?

This thread is awesome, thanks for the laughs.
Stupe
S
quote:
The cop admitted that he deliberately works BETWEEN the 2 60mph signs and a lot of folks MISS the reduction.
The nerve of that guy working an area where the speed limit is regularly ignored!
kyledr04
AG
That guy makes his whole salary in that spot.
Pro Sandy
AG
Not paying attention to road signs, knowing cops are in the area, speeding, and whining about being held responsible. I like it
Tailgate88
AG
I love TexAgs
Scruffy
cctvAggie
I really wish the police still acted as public servants and protected citizens rather than being Fleshy cash machines.

It's also sad that I the last 30 years college station has slowly become overrun with insufferable old people whining about people barely speeding or not coming to a complete stop. Legalistic grumpy old townies are destroying this town.
ChampsAg
I seriously doubt that he is on commission...
Stupe
S
I know.
If the grumpy old people would just leave then there would be an increased tax base, improved roads, new schools, incoming businesses, and economic stability. Instead, College Station is being destroyed and the economy is in the toilet because the olds won't move away. And don't get me started about the people that don't whine when they get a ticket that they deserve. They are the WORST!
Stupe
S
quote:
I love TexAgs
Yep. It's pretty funny when someone starts a thread to swing for the fence and they get hit in chest with a curve ball.
O.G.
I know that Trooper. Good guy. Fair and professional.
cctvAggie
Look! It's one of the insufferable stodgy new olds making up a bunch of crap that was never said.

I've been a townie for 3 decades and the new elder townies are worse than any drunken millenial blindergarten student.

ksp
Signs are posted for a reason and they are to be obeyed. You didn't and paid. Time to move on
BCStalk
According to cctv you don't have to obey the laws. If you do you are a new old something or another townie(whatever that is).
Stupe
S
This is what I think of when I hear or see the word "townie". A person that is born and/or raised in a town where a college or university has a major economic impact with the following caveats:

• Didn't take advantage of the educational opportunities at their doorstep
  • Limited professional movement due to that decision
  • Bitter towards people that come to their town for that educational opportunity
  • Bitter towards people that move here and stay, but have a higher economic ceiling due to their education

You could probably throw in people that come here to go to school, stay after graduation, and completely forget about the fact that the A&M and Blinn drive the economy.

duffelpud
AG
quote:
BUT I did think that 70 was OK.

Charlie Manson thought murder was ok.
JavierC2005
Yep, If you are heading North on 2154, right before all the neighborhoods it drops to 60. Then there is a hill, and there he is in a gravel driveway right over the hill. I see them there all of the time.
InMyOpinion
quote:
That guy makes his whole salary in that spot.

That's disapponting. I wish he made his salary x2 or x3.

They should have patrol officers at all the "speed traps" aka all the places where people ignore the posted speed limit signs.
aneisch
AG
http://giant.gfycat.com/OffensiveRepentantFly.webm

DPS in action (Avoiding traffic)
AggiePirate
AG
I for one feel bad for OP. They got my little cousin last week too.

techno-ag
AG
There should be a uniform speed in the entire county. When someone goes over that speed ... BAM! $1,000 ticket! That'll show 'em!
halibut sinclair
FlyRod
AgResearch
AG
quote:
I for one feel bad for OP. They got my little cousin last week too.

Those hoodies made them suspecious I'm sure.
SumAggie
bull.....
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.