It seems alot of Cheddars restaurants are closing in other states...

7,657 Views | 22 Replies | Last: 8 yr ago by gopitt
1984Consol
How long do you want to ignore this user?
The latest one just up and closed in Alabama. No notice to employees or anything. Does anyone know if the CS restaurant is safe from closing?
Kendall Rogers
AG
I don't know why it would...it is full most all of the time.
Kendall Rogers
AG
Also, I lot of the Chedders are franchises. Perhaps one of the franchise partners that owned a number of locations went belly-up?
1984Consol
I don't know if they were franchises or not. One just closed in Ohio and Alabama this week, and last year one closed in Illinois. [/]https://www.google.com/search?q=cheddars+cafe+clising+doors&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8[/[#q=cheddars+cafe+closing+doors[/]
"GRUNT! GRUNT!"
Post removed:
by user
Counterpoint
AG
If THIS Cheddar's location can't make it, no location can.
halibut sinclair
The CS Cheddar's is locally owned by the same folks that own Fish Daddy's.
fanof3.88
[That type of posting is not allowed on this board. -Staff]
1984Consol
Is the CS Cheddars busy all day, lunch AND dinner? How long have you all had to wait when you go?
MiMi
S
It's not busy all day every day. Lunchtime and peak dinner times are when it's the busiest. We don't go there often, but always go when there is no wait for a table. The food is acceptable but definitely not worth waiting for.
AggieBarstool
quote:
It's not busy all day every day. Lunchtime and peak dinner times are when it's the busiest. We don't go there often, but always go when there is no wait for a table. The food is acceptable but definitely not worth waiting for.
Could be said of 90% of the dining establishments in town.
mgreen
The College Station location is the star of the chain by far. The owner is a great operator.
AggiePirate
AG
quote:
The College Station location is the star of the chain by far. The owner is a great operator.
Love your stadium.
Cyp011
AG
CS enjoys a good chain more than most cities.
Post removed:
by user
95_Aggie
AG
quote:
CS enjoys a good chain more than most cities.
I think this stems from the transient nature of our community. Students come and go without befriending any mom and pop restaurants, so they just go the places they are familiar with. Same with folks from out of town.
FlyRod
I wonder. When I was a student I loved those mom and pop places, and they seemed to get quite a few students. I think you are right about out of towners; they seem to hit the chains or the high end "expense account" joints like Republic and Veritas.
95_Aggie
AG
In the small neighboring town I grew up in, coming to CS for a Saturday night at Red Lobster was a big deal.
FlyRod
I'm sorry...
Post removed:
by user
Cyp011
AG
Thats just sad.
KidDoc
AG
I would not cry in my beer if Cheddar's closed.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
dgonzo99
quote:
I would not cry in my beer if Cheddar's closed.
They have the worst chicken fried steak I have ever had. Microwave quality with gravy that tastes like a Swanson frozen dinner. They are popular, because the food is cheap. Fast food quality food sells here. Plus, they have cheap margaritas, which the masses like.
gopitt
May be the most popular restaurant in town based on the number of cars in their parking lot. Every time I go by there the lot is absolutely jammed.
Personally, eaten there once in the last 3 years and found the food OK.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.